PDA

View Full Version : do ur fish do this

funkyfish
02-12-2005, 11:09 PM
i got a couple fish from the lfs a week ago i noticed that they swim fine in midwater but when they went to the bottom they would swim sideways thought they were sick .i had a few fish in a planted tank and moved them to a bb tank they did the same thing .the lfs had gravel in the tank .if it was just the ones i got from the lfs maybe sick but mine not sure what to think.
they will get on the botom and swimm from one side to the other lik that kind of weird lookin only do it on the bottom. what do yall think

Glenn
02-13-2005, 02:39 AM
Check your heater

funkyfish
02-13-2005, 10:54 AM
temps 86

jeep
02-13-2005, 11:34 AM
Can you give us more details?

How many? Are they all affected? Do they dart around? Flukes?

Water parimiters?

As much as possible from the list in the disease section would be helpful...

http://forum.simplydiscus.com//showthread.php?t=38545

blaze
02-13-2005, 11:56 AM
can they see right through the bottom, or is the bottom covered/ painted etc ?

funkyfish
02-13-2005, 12:27 PM
the tank is not painted so i guess they can see though it they eat good there breathing is not labored i have hard water but it's stabal 16gh 12 kh
8.1ph the one's i got from the lfs they eat good they swimm fine in mid water
it's just when they go to the bottom they do that. Now the others i have had them for bout 7 months i know they are healthy they were in a planted tank i moved them to a bb tank the other day and i noticed them doing it too
they eat lik pigs colors are nice and bright temp on all my tanks is 86

Cosmo
02-13-2005, 01:14 PM
Sounds like it's related to the see thru bottom... never heard of or seen that behaviour before :confused:

Try putting something opague under the tank and see if they continue to do it.

Jim

jeep
02-13-2005, 01:18 PM
I agree, but didn't you say they did it when it was a gravel bottom tank? Or did other fish do the same thing in the BB tank?

If it's only this tank, then it's because they have no depth perception and can't tell where the bottom is, LOL... Mine did the same thing until i painted the bottom...

funkyfish
02-13-2005, 02:10 PM
just in the bb tank
thanks for the reply

blaze
02-13-2005, 02:47 PM
hope that sorts out ur problem