PDA

View Full Version : RT X alenquer

grelot
02-15-2005, 02:25 PM
Hi everybody

I would like to know what I should expect from a cross of an alenquer and a red turq. Some of both or an interesting or not interesting hybrid.

And what about a red turq with a standard brown?

Thank you everybody

Rod
02-15-2005, 04:48 PM
These are red turk x alenquer. I think a very worth while cross. there will be a variety in the pattern, but in my case the majority look like alenquer discus.

HTH

Rod

Rod
02-15-2005, 04:49 PM
another one

grelot
02-15-2005, 09:41 PM
so it give a bit of both???

Does your alequer parent used in this cross had that much blue striations(as the ones on the first picture) or is this the result of the cross with the turq.

Rod
02-16-2005, 02:51 AM
Yes the cross will give off both types but many will be a bit inbetween looking. A few things i have noticed as they are growing is the males tend to have more blue stripes and spots through the body while the females tend to be more brownish like in the 1st picture. The 2nd pic is the only one out of 15 i kept that has developed a full pattern, the rest of the males it is not complete and they tend to look a lot like alenquers. The alenquer strain i bred them from does have a fair bit of blue like in the first pic although the females only rarely have the color extend onto the body. Another thing i have found is the blue color tends to develop very slowly, the red turk strain i used is a quick coloring type normally showing full pattern at around 4 months whereas in the cross it took about 7 months for the fish in the 2nd pic to show full pattern and even now at 10 months it is still developing. You can see the striations across the body are really blue dots joined together, slowly but surely they are turning into proper stripes.