PDA

View Full Version : Securing a tank divider to lock out stalker.

kaceyo
02-20-2005, 03:14 PM
Hey all,
I have a pair that has been dancing and cleaning and keeping the others at bay for many weeks now. I think one reason they aren't following through is that they have a stalker. I mean this guy sits about one fish length away from their territory and constantly challenges the male, tries to flirt with the female while she's kickin' his but, and just will not budge. I watched one night while he placed himself in "their corner" and sat there while both fish pretty much pounded him silly. The stalker never tries to flirt with the other females, he defends HIS area as if he had a mate and I'm getting worried that either he'll get seriously hurt or never let the pair get comfortable enough to spawn. I want to put a divider in but he's so aggressive in his quest I'm afraid he'd just knock it down unless I realy secure it well. So, I need advice on how to do that. I don't want him to get hurt because it wasn't tight enough and he tried to squeeze between it and the tank wall. If you know how to do this, please let me know.
Thanx,
Kacey

Cosmo
02-20-2005, 06:59 PM
Hey KC,

Don't know the answer to your question, but I had a PB that did the same thing to my RT pair... never did figure out what his agenda was :D Not doing it anymore though :confused:

Jim

kaceyo
02-20-2005, 07:16 PM
Jim,
It is getting VERY frustrating. He doesn't give them a moments peace. It's all I can do to keep from reaching in there every few minutes myself to help them back him off,lol. If he were a dog he'd be chained in the back yard by now. He even keeps cleaning his side of the pipe, the horny little devil.

Ronald
02-20-2005, 07:32 PM
Hi all,

I have used egg grate as divider. On the sides I just put some filter fiber and that did the trick. On one side of the divider I also put some mech (sp.) used for screen doors. That also kept the cardinals out and the fry in lol.

hth.
Ronald