PDA

View Full Version : A few Q's on encouraging to spawn.

kaceyo
02-25-2005, 08:46 PM
I've got two pairs that have been cleaning and shaking for what seems like forever. I know patience is in order but just for my own satisfaction I want to try adding cooler water, which worked with one of the females before, but need to fine tune it a bit. When adding the cooler water do you let the tank water heat right back up again or do you adjust the heater a bit lower to maintain a lower temp for a while? and if so how much. Also, do you add the cooler water just once or can you do it a few days in a row, every other day, once a week or what? I don't want to stress my fish so I need to know what the limits are. Lastly, is a 50% W/C with water thats 10F degrees cooler too cold, not enough or...what's best?
Any advise will be welcomed. Or just let me know whats worked for you.
Thanx,
Kacey

April
02-25-2005, 09:00 PM
hi i would let it drop to about 4 degrees less by the time your done filling.if i want to get them going..i do 80 percent change. maybe even a few days in a row. i leave my heater same temp. but 82 is good for breeding.
if you have another pair spawning..you can always try using some of their water and throw it into the breeding tank..those phermones may get them going..as long as your other pair isnt a new set who havent done quarantine of course.
that has worked for me.
im sure with time they will get going..
on that note..think my fish are running outa water. gonna add cold. lol

Northwestcoastdisc
02-25-2005, 09:21 PM
I am going with April.

it works for me

Duncan