PDA

View Full Version : Spraybars

Cosmo
02-25-2005, 10:54 PM
Not a real flattering shot, and, yet another lousy pic on my part :( .. sorry but thought I'd post the pic showing how the use of spraybars not only help airate the tank by breaking the surfact tension, but, also cut way down on the turbulence below the surface.

There are 4 cannisters under this tank and each one outputs through one of the spraybars. The 3 biofilters are rated somewhere around 250/260 gal each and the mechanical (magnum) is rated at 350. With a combined rated flow of somewhere over 1000 gal/hr, there is very little in the way of current because it's broken up into so many small jets :) Makes for a more peaceful life for the fish I like to think :)

The intakes are bulkheaded into the tank (except for the wet/dry which has to be over the top) with the left bulkhead feeding the right spraybar, the right intake outputting on the left. The magnum feeds off the center bulkhead, goes thru the UV, and then outputs left of center (only so many sides to use :( lol) This way I get constant mixing of the water from one side of the tank thru the other :)

The syphon tube in the middle is actually the fresh water fill tube. It's hooked up to the water line that runs down into the basement to the storage tanks.

Jim

hexed
02-25-2005, 11:52 PM
Cool looking pic though :)

My spray bar is angled toward the glass on the back of the tank, this way I don't hear the water running LOL.

Cosmo
02-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Hexed.. know what you mean.. if I don't get the water level high enough the noise keeps me awake :D

Sergey
02-26-2005, 12:07 AM
In addition to aeration and flow diffusion, this setup might remind discus of home.
They say it rains there all the time...