PDA

View Full Version : Quiet Air Pumps ?

alpine
02-27-2005, 02:57 PM
I have a Schego M2K3 air pump and find it to be too loud . I have seen two other pumps advertised as "very Quiet" .. The Luft at 49.99 and the AirWhist 1000 for $55.99 at Fosters .
Does anyone has any experience with those pumps or any advise on other products ?
I think it would be cool to have a rheostat control output air pump like Luft .

I am looking for Quality and Quietness.
Thanks again,
Roberto.

alpine
02-28-2005, 08:05 PM
gosh, 33 people read the post and no one has an opinion . :(

roberto.

GEM
02-28-2005, 10:18 PM
I HAVE RENA AIR PUMPS AND HAVE HAD GOOD LOOK WITH THEM

GEM

Cosmo
02-28-2005, 10:30 PM
I have Rena 400's, they're quiet but wasn't happy with the output. I now use 15liter/min diaphram pumps from Jehmco and am very happy with them. Quiet and very powerful... one easily outperforms 4 rena 400's but costs less than two... check out Jehmco.com if interested.

Jim

Howie_W
02-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Hi Roberto,

I have many of the Rena's and they work just fine. More recently I've been using a Hailea and have been very happy with it. I like having pumps that can run many Hydro's at once...the Hailea has 8 seperate outlets on it, and an adjustable output...I find it works quite well, providing a high output on a low setting even from over 20 feet across the room.

Howie

wild_heckel
02-28-2005, 11:52 PM
I also like to know what is the quietest small air pump just for one tank and one outlet.

Cosmo
03-01-2005, 12:41 AM
not to get into a competition with Howie here, but... :D For a couple dollars more, you get a 6 gang manifold that connects to the Jehmco pump via 3/8 hose.. I have 4 - 4 x 1.5 ceramic airstones at the bottom of a 24in deep tank, and I still have to use the other two valves to vent off excess capacity.

The one in the fishroom is currently running 5 hydro's, 2 large airstones (as above) and I still vent one valve... so there.. LOL the 2 the farthest away are approx 15 feet away... or was that 25 :confused: lol

Never tried the Hailea (spelling?), but if Howie say's it's good, I'm sure it is.. I really do like the Jehmco's though :)

Don't remember ever owning a small one that was quiet. Since the Rena's are all built the same I'd guess the smaller model would be quiet as well ??

Jim

alpine
03-01-2005, 04:47 AM
Howie, where did you get the " Hailea " . I have never seen that one. Jim earlier today I saw the Jehmco pumps in their website, the look very good.
I have heard mixed reviews on the Renas.
Thanks,
roberto

jeep
03-01-2005, 10:16 AM
I have the Schego M2K3 and I find it to be extremely loud and underpowered for the advertising. So much so that I have it wrapped in a box full of shipping peanuts to hide the sound. Very disappointing!!! I've heard great reviews from other people...

I picked up some Azoo 9500 pumps from Fosters and Smith for only $10.69 each and I find them to be extremely powerful and quiet. Four of them were cheaper than one Schego...

Russ
03-03-2005, 02:45 AM
I have a couple of Luft air pumps that are pretty quiet and a few Hagen Optima's that is even more quiet but the quality isn't as good as the Luft but it's 1/2 the price. I bought a Rena once but had to return it because it was much nosier then the 2 mentioned before. I would recomend the Optima over the Luft because it's so much cheaper and has about the same output, but you may have to change the diagphram on it every once in a while as it tends to rupture, but they're very cheap and easy to replace.

alpine
03-18-2005, 07:49 PM
Thanks for all the replies. I just ordered a Luft from that Fish Place. i hope it is quiet and powerfull. This Shego is really driving me crazy(it has great output)

Thanks for all the sugestions. I like them all , I just though the rheostat idea was real Cool and it looks like a quality item.

the Shego is pounding and loudly hitting the cover plastic case. I have contacted the seller ( a Sponsor here in this forum )

roberto.