PDA

View Full Version : Yellow-eyed---yellow solid discus

Robin764
02-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Hey all....I am looking to find these fish. Seen a couple on google search/images, but they are written in Korean. Does anyone know where I can find such fish? I am more concerned with the yellow eyes...I am trying to do a little something here:/
Any help would be appreciated:)

Robin

I didn't want to post the pics I found...yanno...copyright stuffies, but really, am just looking for a yellow based fish with yellow eyes if anyone can help:)

DISCUS USA
02-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Check on the SUNRISETROPICALS website,, saw they had solid yellow with yellow eyes for decent price,,was going to buy but wanted solid true yellow crystal with red eyes..was told they may not stay solid yellow into adulthood and all they had was yellow eyes i wanted real RED eyes.So passed on them.

HTH Hector.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Hi Hector,
Just don't feed any red enhancing food in their diet. I have 5 of these.

Dan

Robin764
02-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Thanks Hector...maybe it's just me, but I only see the yellow with orange eyes for 200 bucks? Or am I just missing them somehow?

Robin

SantaFeDiscus
02-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Dan-
Those yellow/golden fish of yours are just awsome! A while back when I was searching for basically exactly what you have I was always disipointed with peppering or white striations. I could never find what I was looking for. Great fish! Too bad thats not a batch of eggs in the back :)
Fred

DISCUS USA
02-28-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi dan

Ok that too thanks, but wasnt worried too much about solid yellow body turning solid orangey,,

More worried about white/orange /red circle spots and straitions developing thru out body from head to tail.Tony could not guarantee me solid Yellow Diamonds as adults only live delivery so thats why passed.

Hector.

DISCUS USA
02-28-2005, 12:46 PM
Hi Robin,,ya saw those but those not ones am talking about..maybe tony took them out from his site recently,,they were about $30 each @ think 3-3,5 inches but were yellow eyes ,had decent shapes ... think they were so cheap cause of yellow eyes,,guess people dont like yellow eyes on discus so thats why so cheap.

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2005, 01:35 PM
These Goldens came from Roy(Zoids) through Cary.
These are solid with no peppering. If I can recall these have pigeon blood in the past but crossed back to the non-pigeon golden 7 generation.
Hector these have red eyes.

dan

Robin764
02-28-2005, 01:55 PM
Thanks Hector
Maybe I'll email them:)

Robin

DISCUS USA
02-28-2005, 02:39 PM
OMG Dan they came along nicely,,i had 4 of the same yellows from Zoids thru Cary but a broke heater boiled them,, i should have ordered more ,, now too late,, and red eyes too,, Very Nice.

Hector.

jeep
02-28-2005, 03:35 PM
Very nice Dan!!! I think I'll be needing some of those when they start breeding ;)

SantaFeDiscus
02-28-2005, 03:51 PM
Dan-
On second thought those goldens look pretty crappy. I think maybe you should get rid of them. I'll pay shipping, just send them my way and you will have that much tank space for something else. :) Ha ha. And if you buy that I also have some ocean front property here in NM I could sell ya!
Fred

GulfCoastDiscus
02-28-2005, 04:48 PM
OMG Dan they came along nicely,,i had 4 of the same yellows from Zoids thru Cary but a broke heater boiled them,, i should have ordered more ,, now too late,, and red eyes too,, Very Nice.

Hector.
So sorry Hector. I recently cooked a batch of Blue diamond juveniles from a heater problem.

Dan

lkleung007
02-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Nice Discus Dan!!

The problem I have had getting yellow Discus in the past has been the color of the Discus turning orangy-yellow as they mature into adulthood. I have been very careful about not feeding them any red enhancing color foods but the results have always been poor to fair at best. I did recently acquire some golden albinos and they are remaining yellow so far.

Lester

crazy4discus
02-28-2005, 07:56 PM
very nice yellow discus dan!!!

PaintballFan07
02-28-2005, 08:28 PM
Superb yellows Dan. I bet they would look great in my planted community tank. :)

kaceyo
03-01-2005, 06:31 PM
Dan,
Those are some of the nicest I've seen grownout here in the U.S. Great job and put me on your list of interested people. And I kinda like the yellow eyes. They aren't realy the same as your every day yellow eyed discus. My Yellows have black fins/tail and a little pepper in the forehead area (sometimes) but also show very faint stress bars.
Kacey

zoids
03-02-2005, 01:02 AM
Dan,

The golden melons are looking really good and so does the albino cross goldens. Keep up the good work :)

Roy

GulfCoastDiscus
03-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Hi Roy,
Nice to see you.
Yeah, they're doing great. I have plans for these.:)

Dan

kaceyo
03-03-2005, 05:40 PM
Hey Dan,
I'm wondering if you feed any Hikari frozen foods to those yellows. Hikari brand lists beta carotene as an ingredient in both BW's and Brine Shrimp, but is it added or natural? And is it enough to color the yellow fishes? My YC's are now Tangarine Crystals due to a flake food I thought was safe. At least I hope it was the food.
Thanx,

Kacey

GulfCoastDiscus
03-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Hi Kacey,
I feed nothing but beefheart. I mix in shrimp and Tetracolor bits. These are different from the YC.

dan

kaceyo
03-03-2005, 09:04 PM
Thanks dan,
They are quite different.(clean and solid) Do the Gldn. Mellons have ANY pigeon in them? I thought all yellows did. They must be much less susceptible to "oranging" if yo can feed shrimp and Tetra bits and still retain the bright yellow. I'm very jeleous.

Kacey

Cosmo
03-03-2005, 09:21 PM
KC.... you should post some pics of those gorgeous Yellow Crystals of yours... beautiful fish :)

Jim

kaceyo
03-03-2005, 09:29 PM
Hi Jim,
I would if I knew how,lol. I only have them in an e-mail my daughter sent me so I can forword them to people but not post them. It took me forever just to get her to e- me with them. I'm working on getting them posted though.(I know, you'v heard that before)

Kacey

Robin764
03-04-2005, 10:20 AM
No reply from my email....Anyone have any other scources for yellow-eyed yellows? Sunrise Tropicals must not have any more, or I'd think they would have responded. :(

Robin

blooddiscus
03-04-2005, 02:40 PM
not bad but could be better!

kaceyo
03-04-2005, 05:01 PM
Hey Robin,
Don't give up after just one e-mail. Try calling them too. Also try some of the importers who post and advertise on the forums like DiscusFarm US, GLDiscus and DiscusFantasy to name but a few. If yo really want a particuler type it can pay to be paitent and wait till someone brings in what your looking for. I got mine from DiscusFantasy but most importers get them occasionaly now.
Good luck,
Kacey

Howie_W
03-04-2005, 06:51 PM
Hi Jim,
I would if I knew how,lol. I only have them in an e-mail my daughter sent me so I can forword them to people but not post them. It took me forever just to get her to e- me with them. I'm working on getting them posted though.(I know, you'v heard that before)

Kacey

Kacey,

If you feel like emailing the pics to me I'd be happy to post them here for you! :)

Howie

kaceyo
03-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Howie,
I'd love to get some of my fish pics posted. Very nice of you to offer. Send me (or post) the address you want me to send'em to and I'll get them right to ya.
Thanx,
Kacey

CliffsDiscus
03-08-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi Hector,
Just don't feed any red enhancing food in their diet. I have 5 of these.

Dan

Dan,
Very nice Golden Discus, doing a nice job. BTW, I have notice on my
Yellow/Albinos that if I leave the lights on they will have a slightly more
yellow color, I was wondering if you have tried this too.

Thanks,
Cliff

GulfCoastDiscus
03-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Hi Cliff,
Can you post pics. I haven't tried leaving the lights on but mines are caramel color.

Dan