PDA

View Full Version : Bumps on discus?

opalhop
03-01-2005, 01:45 AM
Hello,

I have eight discus in a 75 gallon tank. They're all young (4 mos or less.) I just got 6 of them via mail the other day. One has a bump, maybe a cm in diameter, over his eye. He also has a larger bump that almost looks like a muscle in his tail on one side (maybe 1/2 inch circle). I am not familiar with what this could be.....daily water changes of 20-25%, diet of frozen bloodworms and Omega One super color flakes, ph 7, nitrates and ammonia 0, Nitrites <.25. Any ideas? Deformed fish?

Thanks in advance,
Debbie Prince :)

Carol_Roberts
03-01-2005, 06:09 PM
Hard to say without pictures. If shipping trauma then daily water changes and clean conditions should have it fixed in two ro three days. Have you contacted the seller?

opalhop
03-01-2005, 06:19 PM
I haven't......should I? I don't want to sound like a whiner.....he seems fine other than that, but.....should I worry? Thanks for your help!! :)

Debbie Prince :)

Carol_Roberts
03-01-2005, 06:24 PM
If all discus are eating and swimming happily in the middle of the tank I would just do large daily water changes for the next several days and keep an eye on them. As I said if just shipping injury it should heal very quickly. If you notice other problems - more skin problems, discus hiding, not eating, etc, then contact seller

opalhop
03-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Thanks Carol!! Will do!!! :)

Debbie :)