PDA

View Full Version : Information on Mac's Discus

HTown Discus
03-02-2005, 08:14 PM
If anyone has experience ordering from Mac's Discus can you PM with information?

idahodiscus
03-05-2005, 12:34 AM
i have bought from him a couple of times, we stopped at his place in washington to check out his set-up and fish. he was very clean, good healthy fish. we bought 20 2in discus from him and drove back to idaho, in the winter time, and we had no losses. i would recommend him, unless he has changed his habit.hope this helps.
paul :antlers:

PaintballFan07
03-05-2005, 12:58 AM
My lfs buys their discus from Mac's for over 5 years, unfortanately the price was jacked up when i bought my first discus from them but the discus are healthy, and happy and very good looking.

Greg Richardson
03-05-2005, 02:19 AM
Mac lives about 25 minutes from me. Great guy. Always willing to give advice. Unfortunately [imo] he no longer breeds his own.
He's been in business long time and I think he will take good care of you.

gugu
04-11-2005, 10:56 PM
I bought from him 4 fishes and they were healthy fish. I suggest that you stop by his place to choose the one that you like. I always picked the one that swim to the front of tank because most of the time those are healthy one..

Carol_Roberts
04-12-2005, 04:44 PM
I prefer to buy from vendors who support the discus forums and enter their discus in fish shows. I want fish that have the potential to be show quality.

Alight
04-16-2005, 10:30 PM
I bought 8 by mail from Macs. Very responsive to my questions before buying. Nice fish. All have survived (got them in December as 2.5 inchers). Two are now spawning, but no fry yet--the male may be too young still.

The fish I got all look like the photos on the site.

Ths fish did have tapeworm, but I don't know if they had them from the start or whether they got them from other fish or plants or snails that I have (the last I could really do without.)