PDA

View Full Version : are diseases waterborne

thomas64
03-03-2005, 08:01 PM
i've read many of the forums about the disease, when the discus turn dark and start to hide in dark places. my question is when i notice a sick fish are the chances that the rest of my fish are going to get sick also from the water after i've removed the sick fish or does the disease need a host to survive? :bounce:

Cosmo
03-03-2005, 08:42 PM
Thomas, the answer depends largely on what disease you're dealing with and the general health of your tank and your fish. Often fish that turn dark and hide in the corner and don't eat are succumbing to something common to most Discus primarily due to stress and a weak immune system.

hth
Jim

thomas64
03-03-2005, 08:53 PM
one fish got sick, i removed the sick fish and a few days later another started showing the same symptoms. everything is normal in my tank, ph, temps ect...........

Carol_Roberts
03-04-2005, 12:49 AM
If all the fish have been in the tank together for 6 months and one gets sick probably the others will not (one weak fish suffering from stress or bloat).

IF you mix in a new fish and one gets sick probably another couple will get sick too (new bug in tank).