PDA

View Full Version : cleaning WC tube

Eddie
03-07-2005, 04:29 AM
I've been having a problem with my WC tube getting all nasty. It seems to have a slimey build up in the inner portion. The slime sometimes flakes of into the tank when I change the water and I bend the tubing. Is there anyway to get all this stuff out of the tube or does it just need to keep building up. Anybody? Thanks

JimmyL
03-07-2005, 11:45 AM
I suggest you should not waste your time cleaning the tube. It's cheaper to replace it and risk having residue of cleaning agent left in the tube after cleaning that can harm your fish. 100% bleach can get rid of it but not worth the smelly fingers for days after cleaning. Your spouse may not let you share the same bed!!!.
Jimmy

Eddie
03-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Thanks J, but don't have a wife and I wouldn't be able to sleep in the same bed with myself if I had the smell bleach on my hands. It atrosious!!!! I've kinda temp fixed the issue. I've placed a songe on the intake to collect the debris circulating in the storage tank. It definitley helped. Also, I'm gonna be doing regular cleaning of the pump, heater, and container. ;)

oodi
03-07-2005, 12:44 PM
To deal with the bleach smell on the hands, I just put some dechlorinator into the sink, and fill the sink enough to soak my hands in it for a bit... voila... no more bleach smell.

Judi
:)

Robin764
03-07-2005, 12:45 PM
lemon juice does the trick as well....:)

Robin

Eddie
03-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Thanks all but I really can't stand the bleach smell on anything anywhere anyhow. I can't sit in a room that has been cleaned with bleach. It's like cryptonite to me. :)