PDA

View Full Version : Vacation question

jdellman
03-07-2005, 11:50 AM
I read the threads on vacation care, but have another question:

I have 6 4-5" and 4 2-3" in a 75 gallon, and have been thinking about getting a breeding tank, for what may be a pair. Should I accelerate the schedule to get the breeding tank and set it up now for use while gone on vacation? My thought is that it would diminish the load in the tank, for the 10 days I will be gone.

If you think that is a good idea, should I move the pair into the breeder (since they will be moved into it shortly), or just the juveniles (b/c of the feeding-growth issues), or the pair and the juveniles?

A related question too- When a breeding pair are moved into their own tank, is that permanent?

As always, appreciate the advice. :)

Eddie
03-07-2005, 12:16 PM
I have a buddy take care of my tank while when I'm gone. I'm in the military and I'm gone quite often. I pay him well so he doesn't mind and I don't either because I haven't lost a fish yet! :)

Carol_Roberts
03-07-2005, 08:09 PM
Your 75 gallon is pretty heavily stocked. I would get a breeding tank and move a couple of fish into it (doesn't have to be fore ever) - make sure the new filter is fully cycled before you leave on vacation!