PDA

View Full Version : Should I try Another??????

jimmyjoe
03-08-2005, 08:03 PM
Hi, I don't know what to do with this pairing mandarian passion (female), and a marlboro red (male). She's around 15 months, he's maybe the same I believe from my calculation's. The dilema is she's really working her pretty little fins off trying to produce a family and he just looks dumb when she's trying. Lately her spawns have produce some pretty large clutch's I caught her in the act this last time, to watch and see if he would do his thing, sorry again on my part. After all the deed is done they watch over their every fungusing eggs, they take turns but the eggs just turn whiter and so on. Should I try her next time with another male or stick it out, I realize he's probably to young yet and patience isn't my virtue, I just hate seeing all those babies going to waste. Any Answers Please..............Jim

jimmyjoe
03-08-2005, 08:04 PM
Another wth Mommy Wanna-be

jimmyjoe
03-08-2005, 08:11 PM
Maybe Dad,mabe not

Northwestcoastdisc
03-08-2005, 10:00 PM
hi Jim,

your pair are very nice! Did you see your male run and ferlited when your female laid eggs?

Duncan

AADiscus
03-08-2005, 10:11 PM
I would leave him in there. Sometimes it takes longer for the males to mature. You could always try another male and give your current one a few months. Are you sure he is a he and not a she?

Jeff_NZ
03-10-2005, 05:59 AM
your madarin passions looks very nice!

how many tries have they had together?

aquaticplantman
03-10-2005, 01:57 PM
I'd leave him in there. I had a pair that paired up in the community tank that I then separated out into their own 29. The male was just a huge jerk at first. Like you female, mine would lay eggs pretty often, but the male would eat them right away. He did this for months. After slowly getting a little better as time went on for nine months, they finally had a successful spawn. After that, they were both great parents. Both of your fish look so nice, I'd give them time -- unless you decided for other reasons that your male is simply infertile. That's a possibility too.

Keep it up,
-- Matt H.

jimmyjoe
03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Hi to everyone who replied to my dilema. The pair has been together now for I'd say a good 3 months were she actually laid, before that 2. I've never seen him make any runs yet, but I do see her ovipositor, and his sperm duct extended. Believe me their male and female, you can see the difference's in each one's. Thanks for all your nice comments I guess I'll leave'em go awhile longer. Thanks again........................Jim (see all fungused but they're still protecting them,that muck......................