PDA

View Full Version : New discus funny

tpl*co
03-09-2005, 02:24 PM
Well, received some discus yesterday and got them settled into a bare bottom quarantine tank on a wrought iron stand. Of course they seemed a disoriented from their journey (though only a couple hours since they travelled in state). When I checked on them in the evening they seemed a little more nervous and distracted, swimming at a 45 degree angle and not settling down. Well, ends up they could see through the bottom of my 2 tier stand and where swimming at an angle to watch through the bottom! Must have been like living an episode of "Fear Factor" with the see through bridges over a hieght! :D . Had to tape a bunch of paper to the bottom of the tank and stand so they couldn't see through, then they started swimming upright again (though still aclimating) :)

oodi
03-09-2005, 03:34 PM
LOL... Ok... what was underneath the tank that they found so facinating???

Congrats on the new arrivals!

Judi
:)

tpl*co
03-09-2005, 03:36 PM
LOL, there is the hood of another tank below, or maybe it was my cat looking up?? ;)

sidra
03-09-2005, 04:04 PM
It amazes me how interested discus are in their surroundings outside the tank.

My cat sits on a bench in front of my tank all the time. The discus don't mind him at all and go nose-to-nose with him through glass.

A couple of weeks ago my cat forgot there's glass there and tried to jump into the tank (through the front!). Of course he fell to the floor shaking his head and sneezing. The best part was a couple of the discus swam right up the glass and were looking down like "what happened to him?". It was so funny I wish I had it on tape. :jester:

discusrama
03-11-2005, 09:36 AM
HI!

GOOD THAT THEY ARE ALL FINE.
I ONCE HAD A NEW LOT OF DICUS COME IN AND THEY WERE IN THE LOWER TANK ON A 2 TIER STAND. AFTER SOME TIME ,THEY SETTLED FIRMLY WITHOUT MOVING, IN A GROUP IN A CORNER LOOKING UP. WELL, MY BOY HAD PUT IN AN ARROWANA IN THE TOP TANK WHO TOO WAS INTERESTED IN THE GROUP DOWN.
I DID THE SAME AS YOU HAVE. TAPED SOME PAPER. THEY LIVED HAPPILY AFTER THAT.

RAMA :bandana: