PDA

View Full Version : Changing of the Guards..Moderators

brewmaster15
03-11-2005, 12:39 PM
Hi all,
I wanted to publically thank one of our former Moderators, Ryan Hall,aka RyanH, for his help here this past year. He has decided to take some time off from the job duties here to focus on other more important issues... I am grateful to him for his help here... I know he always did his best to help members out. I wish him luck in all he does and hope we still see alot of him here. :)

Being a moderator on a site like this is not always easy... Its sometimes a royal PITA... so when one leaves I am always hard pressed to find someone that is willing to give it a shot, deal with the headaches, and help out. I have asked many regulars here to be moderators , and few accept. Theres never a shortage of critics... just volunteers.... Guess the words out that its not an easy job at times :) Those that do volunteer... I am indebted to you, as should be everyone on this site.

Sooooooooo..... without further rambling...Please welcome Jim Gallanis aka... Cosmo, as our newest moderator.. he will be taking over where RyanH left off...

Thanks for helping out Jim...I know you will do your best to help out where ever you can. This was something you did before you joined the insane staff here :)

-al

Discus_KC
03-11-2005, 01:33 PM
Welcome Jim !!!!!!!!

And thank you Ryan !!!!!!!

Jack

alpine
03-11-2005, 01:51 PM
I am new to Discus and even with the small amount of time I have spent in this Forum I have found Jim to be extremely helpful and enthusiastic.

roberto.

goldengatediscus
03-11-2005, 02:19 PM
Thank you Ryan and thank you Jim. Volunteering is never easy, but satisfying (most of the time)!
Brigitte

funkyfish
03-11-2005, 02:21 PM
yah!!!!!!!cosmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bouncegre :D

ecrew
03-11-2005, 03:21 PM
I second Alpine's comments!! :) Cosmo has been very helpful to me!!

congrats, Cosmo!

Howie_W
03-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Many many many thank you's to RyanH for all his hard work and help here on Simply! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/1074.gif :sun:

And a big welcome to gentleman Jim! http://users.pandora.be/eforum/emoticons4u/happy/001.gif :thumbsup:

Howie

Eddie
03-11-2005, 04:47 PM
Congrats Cosmo (Jim),
You've helped me out alot and I'm sure you will do an awesome job. Goodluck :)

nacra99
03-11-2005, 05:55 PM
Congrats Jim!!

Carol_Roberts
03-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard Jim :wave:

PaintballFan07
03-11-2005, 07:00 PM
Go Jim!!!!

Robin764
03-11-2005, 07:39 PM
Yay!!
Go Cosmo!

Robin

oodi
03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
By the way... did anyone warn Jim about the induction ceremony??? :p

Judi
:)

ed8t
03-11-2005, 07:52 PM
Well deserved Jim and congrats!!

Chrisb
03-11-2005, 08:18 PM
Good luck and congrates Jim. :sun: And thank you RyanH. :wave:

Chris

Cosmo
03-11-2005, 08:43 PM
Thank you everyone :) It's been a great experience interacting with you all, sharing our sorrows and our successes, and trying to help each other improve the lives of our fish and advance the hobby we love.

I've been a total addict since the late 70's, but in those days you were on your own. A few books maybe, but nothing like what we have here in SimplyDiscus :) What an amazing and wonderful resource!! I never had a clue there were so many others who shared this passion (the nice way to say obsession or addiction.. lol )

I'm personally very sorry to see RyanH leave as he's become a good friend over the past few months. He's still keeping his fish though, so I'm sure we'll still be seeing him around :)

now Judi... what is this about an induction ceremony :confused: lol

Jim

Northwestcoastdisc
03-11-2005, 10:13 PM
I agree with everyone

RyanH had great job to supportive everyone! He is a good guy! everyone go miss him I hope he will come back in the future.

Cong. Jim ( cosmo ) is a great guy too!

Jim, I hope you are enjoy being the the Guards..Moderator!

Take care

Duncan

Giniel
03-11-2005, 10:22 PM
Congratulatiions cosmo. And Ryan you will be missed ,don't be a stranger..
Debbie

Spices
03-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Bravo, Cosmo and RyanH. Certainly well deserved. Both Ryan and Jim are good troopers. I've gotten well responses from both. I'm sure Ryan will return (it's hard to stay away for long). Best of luck.

*Ang*

GulfCoastDiscus
03-12-2005, 02:23 AM
Congrats Jim. At least now you're getting the title from what you've already been doing. Well deserve.:)

Thank you Ryan. I hope you visit often.

dan

RyanH
03-12-2005, 03:02 AM
Thanks for the kind words everyone! :)

I'm taking some time off to concentrate on school. I'm almost done with one of my degrees and I'll be working on a second one in the fall (Yes, I'm a glutton for punishment :) ). I really want to have a strong finish this year and I'm trying to minimize distractions. My fishroom is a big enough distraction for me as it is.

I'll be around still, but I thought Jim should get in on some of the fun. ;) He has become a good friend of mine and I've no doubt that he's going to be an excellent Moderator. YOU GUYS BE NICE TO HIM!! :D :D

take care!

-Ryan

Ardan
03-13-2005, 07:58 AM
Welcome Jim! Great to see you on board!
All the best to you RyanH! Thanks for the time and help! :)

Ardan