PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthdays ??

Cosmo
03-12-2005, 11:00 AM
Just noticed we have two Junior Members celebrating their birthdays today, and... can you believe it... neither one has posted a SINGLE POST :confused:

So... on behalf of all of us on Simply... I'd like to wish Barryecohen and chixOr2007 a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY :balloon: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Now you both HAVE to post :)

Enjoy your days

Jim

oodi
03-12-2005, 11:13 AM
Happy Birthday!!!

Judi
:)

brewmaster15
03-12-2005, 11:52 AM
Hope you have a great Birthday! :)

-al

ps...also hope to see you posting ;) :D :D :D

kaceyo
03-12-2005, 01:31 PM
Happy Birthday to you two.
Jim, how did you happen to notice that? Good job!

Kacey

ecrew
03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
Happy Birthday to you two!!! :)

Like Jim said, you have to post now!! :)

PaintballFan07
03-12-2005, 03:35 PM
Happy B-Day!!! You two better have a good reason for not posting... Changing water, buying more discus with your b-day money, feeding etc.. lol Have a great day.

barryecohen
03-16-2005, 12:43 AM
I thank you all, for the kind wishes.

About me, my father in law, may he rest in peace, he passed away before I married his 3rd daughter, was a serious fish guy. He was a member of the local fish association and a number of national associations (ACA, NADS, DSG) as well. He is still remembered by members of the local association even though he passed away over 10 years ago, for his ability to bread and raise champion fish. When I met the woman who would become my wife he was ill, and I helped him take care of his fish room, as you know water changes on 25 - 30 tanks ranging in size from 30 - 125 gallons can be time and labor intensive. After he passed I continued to run the fish room, I had a few successful discus spawns there, but eventually my wife's mom, we still were not married at the time, had enough and decided the fish room had to go. I didn't have my own home at the time and so stopped playing with fish. Eventually I married this wonderful woman and instead of breeding discus began breeding myself :) We now have 2 wonderful kids and a home of our own with a 72 gal bow front tank in the living room. In the tank are 5 beautiful young discus, ~ 7 months old and ~ 3.5 - 4 inches each. I lurk on the forum from time to time but as a parent of 2 young children I don't have a lot of free time. From the posts I read, I see that there is plenty of knowledge here, and my knowledge and experience with these wonderful fish is not really needed. If while lurking I saw a person I felt was seriously being led in the wrong direction I would probably post, but I have not yet seen this so, I look around once in a while and enjoy posts of pictures of members fish.

Best Regards, Barry

brewmaster15
03-16-2005, 08:40 AM
Hi Barry,
Thanks for signing in and posting! I Appreciated hearing a little about yourself and hope that you will post from time to time as your schedule allows.The thing that makes this site the great resource it is , is the membership! :)

take care,
al

Cosmo
03-16-2005, 09:00 AM
Hey Barry,

Sounds like you've got a very full, and very fulfilling life :) Agree breeding yourself may be more rewarding than breeding Discus... but it's a close call.. lol (kidding of course :D )

Hope you had a great Birthday with the family :)

Jim

ecrew
03-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Hey Barry!!

Glad to see you posting!! I too am married and have two young children. Both boys (3 and 6 yrs old). I'm a software developer so i'm on the computer all day. I usually spend time posting in the morning when I get to work and then again at lunch and sometimes in the evenings. I just can't get enough! :D We just got into fish keeping this past October. My husband started out with community fish and the one day brought home a Discus. I had never heard of or seen a Discus. It was all over after that. :)

From what I can tell, there are a lot of experts on the board and folks like myself that are rapidly learning a lot of cool stuff! :) Don't hestitate to jump in on any discussions even if it's to reaffirm others comments. If nothing else, please post some pics! We would love to see your fish!

Welcome!
Liz

oodi
03-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi Barry,

I have to second what others have already said!!

Judi
:)