PDA

View Full Version : Leopard snakeskins gene

Northwestcoastdisc
03-13-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Everyone. I noticed everyone want to make nice LSS or Super LSS etc. We want to have nice lot of red spots full pattern with nice snakeskins pattern a like Asian discus breeder, Cary @ GLD, jeff Discus farm US Jack@ KCdiscus others have nice LSS show nice colorful and pattern.

We can learn more about the leopard snakeskin gene or Genetics How we can work on the nice offsprings. We can share feed back and disuss about the LSS.
we can understand better about how LSS's do works.

Cary's stated that at 3" LSS nice color, nice pattern, etc would keep them to breed in the future. If the LSS show not great colors as brown based but they carry spots gene. If I am wrong.

I have 3 males LSS they show brown colors. I got them from Alex Markov orginal from Cary @ GLD. Alex said that those are lss red spots are carry to pass the offsprings.

My male LSS show brown color base but not great color however I will work on them. What I think Cary would not breed them....I dont know why maybe its poor grade for colors but he has GREAT shape. If my male mate with female LSS would have nice colors and pattern. I am just wondering if the offsprings would get better colorful than the parents?

What is happend the LSS x Leo x Turk? The Leopard x Turk is carry red spots gene.

thanks

Duncan

Northwestcoastdisc
03-13-2005, 08:50 PM
LSS male

Northwestcoastdisc
03-13-2005, 08:51 PM
This is his brother LSS

Northwestcoastdisc
03-13-2005, 08:52 PM
another Brother, He is mating with the female Leo x Turk, right now they have wrigglers.

Northwestcoastdisc
03-13-2005, 09:14 PM
The pair of LSS and Leo x Turk are looking after wrigglers