PDA

View Full Version : Pic of fry

Robin764
03-17-2005, 05:41 PM
Hey all....Ginial asked me for a pic of my fry yesterday, so I thought I'd post the best I could. I removed them from the parents on their 2 week old birthday, as the parents were showing spawn signs again:) Sorry I couldn't get it any clearer, but they were eating tetra crumbles and zooming around.
They are 16 days old here, and eating bbs and ground up tetra crumbles. I think I removed them just in time, as the 2nd pic is what I found in the parents tank in the wee hours of the morning:)

If any of you pros can see anything that needs brought to my attention about the fry, please let me know. These are my first, and I'm a nervous mom!

Robin

Robin764
03-17-2005, 05:42 PM
Wee hour surprise

Giniel
03-18-2005, 02:05 AM
Thanks Robin, they are soooo cute.lol good job..
Debbie

Barb Newell
03-19-2005, 10:30 PM
Congratulations Robin. Keep your tank clean (it looks spotless :), wipe the sides and bottom down frequently, watch for signs of flukes (darting around), rinse sponges often, add an extra sponge.

Barb

Carol_Roberts
03-20-2005, 01:14 AM
Their bellies look nice and round :)

Robin764
03-20-2005, 08:16 AM
Thanks Barb and Carol:) They are a half inch now and growing....I even cut up mysis shrimp for them and watch them tear em up. I have to remove the little heads from em first though, otherwise they just rot on the bottom. They have noticed the pigeon pair in the next tank, so I had to put cover between the tanks, as the fry kept trying to get to them. It was quite cute to see them all at once noses glued to the side of their tank staring over longingly. (Male is orange, and just a bit brighter than their own daddy) This scared me at first, till I figured out what they were doing:)
Will post another pic in a few days or so:)

Thanks again,
Robin

Robin764
03-23-2005, 02:29 PM
Updated pic of fry....
They are 22 days old, and parents are with 2 day old free-swimmers. They got it right this time....babies attached right from the cone:)
Out of 30 pics this is still the best I can do. Sorry for the quality, and I don't even think I can blame it on camera:P

Enjoy,
Robin

Robin764
03-23-2005, 03:16 PM
Daddy with some of the new babies

Giniel
03-24-2005, 04:59 AM
Great Robin, I am glad the parents figured it out for you.It makes it easier when they do.
Debbie

Robin764
06-30-2005, 09:31 PM
Hello everyone:) Been a bit for me, but Ginial asked for an updated pic of the fry, so here goes. I will try to get a better one, this one is a little bit blurry but it was the only one that didn't wash out the color. This is the color they actually are. Hope everyone is doing well, I see some new faces:):)

Robin
PS....the fish is now about 4 mos old, so any feedback on size, etc is thoroughly welcome!!

Robin764
06-30-2005, 09:39 PM
To add to previous post, this pic was actually taken a month ago, which puts him at 3 months old here. They love the tetra bits, so are quite orange:)

Robin

Giniel
06-30-2005, 11:03 PM
Hi Robin they are beautiful, great job.
Debbie

Carol_Roberts
07-01-2005, 03:18 PM
Nicely colored up and the bellies are still full :)

Eddie
07-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Wow, that is one super nice colored youngin. You must be doing a real good job! ;)

Robin764
07-01-2005, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the kind comments:) I like the first batch, and since they are my first home-grown, I just LUBS EM, and they are stayin with me. Got two batches behind these, and parents on eggs again....lol. I have 1 un-related , un-named....I call her a yellow/white, as she is marked just like a red/white except yellow with yellow eyes. She loves the tetra bits as well, and looks more orange now, but I am on the lookout for other un-related yellows to put with this batch for future pairings.
This batch coming up is much larger, etc than the first few, as I had a week and half long hospital stay that left the babies with the parents longer than I would have liked, but they are much chunkier, and definately bigger per age/size ratio as the others were. Some of these will be finding their way to Al (Brewmaster)to do with as he likes in support of this site. He just has to walk me through shipping processes:) There are about 80 total on this batch, so if anyone is looking for trades (looking for yellows) let me know.
Again......nice to see everyone, and love the new faces:)

Robin

Robin764
08-07-2005, 03:12 AM
The fish I kept from my first successful spawn is now 5 months old. I love these golden's now, and looking to expand to golden leopards, etc.

He's my first true-blue homegrown.

Robin

Carol_Roberts
08-08-2005, 01:11 AM
Isn't it fun when they start to color up :)