PDA

View Full Version : Question about PB Need your input

babyjess210
03-21-2005, 03:07 AM
If you have a PB base discus like a red melon or golden about 4" body length with slight peppering on the face. What are the chances of the peppering getting worse if you put this discus in a tank with a black background and about 6 hours of light?
Thanks in advance
Kenny

Giniel
03-21-2005, 03:39 AM
Hi Kenny,
I don't think it will get more peppering but it probably will get darker.
I have a lot of PB discus and some are worse than others.I have some in a tank with no background except for the white wall and they are really light.
The ones with a darker background has darker peppering .
Hope this helps some
Debbie

jules
03-21-2005, 07:09 AM
My PB's were in a tank with no background, against a warm yellow golden wall - they looked the best I'd ever seen them.

Against blue, black/grey the pepper shows more.

Julie

Eddie
03-21-2005, 07:49 AM
My fish have gone from 4 different backrounds ranging from white, blue, none, to dark brown rock and honestly, It's a mystery. I personally feel that the peppering is coming with age and genetics. I have one that has had very little peppering throughout the whole time and the others are showing more. I have the white backround now and still, they show peppering. :)

babyjess210
03-21-2005, 12:43 PM
Thanks for the replies

I read in the forum (can't remember where) that a PB can go either way before 3" and after 3" will not change too much. Just want to hear your experience.

Thanks

Kenny