PDA

View Full Version : looking for john from aqua hut

tdr1919
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Hi Everyone,
I'm new to the board but old to the hobby, I have had Discus since the mid 70's, most were wild and extremely difficult to keep. I have had my ups and downs with these magnificent creatures. I live in Coram NY (long Island) and frequent the LFS, Aqua Hut where I would always get great advise from a fellow named John, He has always steered me right with Discus, Angels and my Koi, I saw him last during the summer and didnt return to the store until a month ago and he no longer works there (left to advance his musical career)
anyway, John if you are out there drop me an e-mail
Tom Reilly - tdr19@fnol.net
Thanks
:)

sidra
03-25-2005, 11:51 PM
Hey Tom,

Welcome to Simply Discus.

Small world. I'm out in Jamesport. I just made my first visit to Aqua Hut a few weeks ago.

Anyway I know a guy who knows either the owner or manager (forgot which) of Aqua Hut. I will ask him next time I see him if he knows.

Kristen.

tdr1919
03-27-2005, 03:36 PM
Hi Kristen,
I know the Don and the rest of the guys they are not very helpful because I already spoke with them.
You know what is even more funnier, I am originally from Jamesport!
Tom

sidra
03-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Don,

Small world getting smaller every day....I've lived back on Long Island (born here) for 10 years, but only lived in Jamesport for 2 years. The Long Island Sound is right across the street from me-have a little water view from my upstairs. It's pretty here.

Well, if this guy I know knows the whereabouts of this guy John, I will certainly let you know. He may-he works at a local fish store and knows a lot of people in the fish world around here. I should see him when I go to pick up fish food one night this week.

Kristen

tdr1919
03-28-2005, 11:28 AM
Kristen,
My grandmother had a house right on the beach (Flanders bay) down off Peconic bay blvd. (called Dreamers Cove) Spent 27 years there, loved every minute.

I found John, he's called "Night Owl" or JT on this board, and trust me on this one he knows Discus and Angels like nobody's business.
For instance, I wanted to try breeding angels, from a tank of med size young adults I bought 6, but he told me which ones would pair, and he was 100% correct!
I still havent heard back from him. I am having a problem in my tank and I am afraid I will lose one of my favorite Discus, I have had him since he was a just a puppy, he or she is now 4 years old.
Tom