PDA

View Full Version : the new Breeders, Vendors, and Sponsors section

fish_maniac
03-27-2005, 12:02 AM
Hi,
I like the new format for the Breeders, Vendors, and Sponsors section. It groups the breeder, Vendors and sponsors together and easier to find them.
Is it possible to sort them depends on the last post on top? It is harder to see what is activity this way.

For some reason, I also can't make any reply post in this section any more. I am not a Breeders, Vendors, or Sponsors but I like to make a reply to the some of the post. Is it just me or this is the new rule for this section now?

Thanks.

Kam

oodi
03-27-2005, 12:24 AM
Hi Kam,

The Breeders, Vendors and Sponsors are currently listed in alphabetical order. These are separate sections for each one, and therefore cannot be viewed by most recent post.

As for posting in a particular Breeder, Vendor or Sponsors section... that is no longer an option. These sections are now reserved for them to post their sales. We are hoping that this will clean up that area, so that the sales threads are more readily visible.

Judi
:)

Ryan
03-27-2005, 12:49 AM
You will notice that the sections with new posts have an icon next to them with a blue dot, while the sections with no new posts have a grey dot. It's easy to open the Vendors section and browse for a blue dot -- it means a new post has been added. This is a quick and easy way to see which sponsors have added to their section. We disabled posting for everyone but the sponsors so that they may advertise without a lot of clutter. If you had a good experience with a seller and would like to comment, you may do so in the General board, or in the Photo Gallery if you have pictures you'd like to share with us :)

We hope the new format for the Vendors section will allow our sponsors to post ads without them getting buried under tons of additional posts. Putting them in alphabetical order allows us to display all our sponsors on one page, with a link to their specials and ads, without them being bumped off the page by new posts.

Board sponsors are denoted by a green username and the title "SimplyDiscus Sponsor."

Ryan

fish_maniac
03-27-2005, 01:48 AM
Hi Judi and Ryan,
Thank you for the fast reply and response. I agreed the new format make it easier to find the posts from the breeders and vendors. The problem with limiting the reply for everyone is that we have to send PM for any questions or comments . The breeders and vendors may have to do multiple replies for the same questions.

Thanks.

Kam

Robin764
03-27-2005, 05:49 AM
Not a bad idea....I just think it might slow down their sales a bit...Most of the time I purchase is after I see someone else's post and pics about how great the ones they bought are, or how well they are settling in. Those are usually found under the same for sale posts, so just makes it more difficult to associate the same fish for sale with the ones received if posted elsewhere now. Not that it matters much to me anymore, as I have my favorite vendors....but those that are newer might not yet.

Robin

brewmaster15
03-27-2005, 05:50 AM
Hi Kam,
I am glad you like the new format there and really do appreciate the comments and concerns on it. THis is a learning thing for us and we have been trying various things to see what works best for us.

Right now that section is set up much like a classified ad in a newspaper.. The sponsors post their sales and info. It does encourage you as the buyer to contact them for information. Once you do so the sponsor has the ability to answer your questions in their sale if its something others are interested in.

This format does have the drawback you mentioned, but it has many benefits as well as Ryan and Judi pointed out. Its also less work for us as moderators. Many times we have non-sponsors trying to post in that section... we then need to remove the post, and contact the seller. The new format removes that task.

This new format is by no means what we will stick with....we will keep trying different layouts until we find what works best for us.

Thanks for the thoughts here.

-al