PDA

View Full Version : First spawn 4 survivors, second spawn 100+!!

177ichael
03-31-2005, 10:46 PM
Hey everyone,

My pair spawned again and this time I've got over 100 fry attached to both the male and female. I was worried that the female would eat the wigglers due to eating the eggs the first time, but both parent's seem to be doing a fine job of getting the fry to attach to themselves.

I'm not sure which lines these two came from, but i know that one appears to be a pigeon blood of some sort and the other a Melon? Is it possible to get turquoise varieties from these two? See link in signature for pics of the pair. Thanks!

Mike

Carol_Roberts
04-01-2005, 12:42 AM
If both the fish have a turquoise ancestor you might, but chances are all will look like pigeon types.

177ichael
04-01-2005, 08:27 PM
I guess I'll have to wait and see.. Thanks for the reply Carol.

Also another question. I've been trying to get my dime size fry to eat other foods besides bbs and cbw. The fry will take the tetrabits in their mouths and spit it right back out. Is it just a matter of time before they'll start eating other foods? I don't want to stunt their growth.

Thanks.

Mike

Carol_Roberts
04-02-2005, 01:39 PM
Probably just a matter of time. Healthy babies will literally try to eat anything you put in the tank :)