PDA

View Full Version : My fingers are crossed!

SantaFeDiscus
04-09-2005, 11:48 AM
This is a red mellon x marlboro red pair that has formed from a shipment of fish from Tim and Eric at southerndiscus. I think they look great and thier last batch of eggs hatched in the community tank. This time they are in thier own tank and I have put a screen inbetween them and their eggs. I am hoping they all hatch! Let me know what you think.
Fred

SantaFeDiscus
04-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Sorry I know I need to rotate that above pic but I can't right now. Here is a better pic that you won't have to turn your head to view.
Fred

oodi
04-09-2005, 12:44 PM
Thanks, Fred... my neck feels much better now! :D

That's a great looking pair! Keep us updated!!

Judi
:)

Giniel
04-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Hi Fred, nice looking pair and if they are like mine they will be great parents,mine are foster parenting 8 from another pair along with their own right now. Best of luck with yours.
Debbie

SantaFeDiscus
04-10-2005, 02:12 PM
Thanks Judi, Thanks Debbie, I am hoping they will be a good set of parents. The eggs are looking a little darker and there are only a couple of white eggs, so I am asuming the majority of the eggs are fertilized, HOPEFULLY! :) They should start hatching tomarrow. I will keep everyone posted.
Fred

Giniel
04-11-2005, 09:17 PM
Hi Fred, How are they doing ?? fine I hope.
Debbie

SantaFeDiscus
04-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Debbie-
Thanks for asking but for whatever reason the eggs didn't hatch. Purhaps they wern't furtilized. They hatched last time, I guess I can't do much more than just be patient. :)
Fred

oodi
04-13-2005, 10:01 PM
Fred... I'm keeping my fingers crossed for next time!

Judi
:)

Giniel
04-13-2005, 10:08 PM
Hi Fred,Mine got it right before i moved them .Once I moved them they didn't fertilize the first time then ate the eggs the second time and this time they did great, hatched out about 30 babies.Be patient they are just getting started. I am sure they came from the same place and should be just as good of parents as mine.The fry are too small to get a very clear pic of ,but i'm trying. Good luck next time.
Debbie

SantaFeDiscus
04-14-2005, 12:49 AM
Thanks for the encouragement Judi and Debbie, I am patient and will just wait to see how things will go. I feel its just a matter of time. :)
Fred