PDA

View Full Version : Bruce (Majestic) is bringing discus tonight to Auction!

FishRule
04-10-2005, 12:04 PM
See my link under Hobbyist Events for more info on the auction!

If you are going to the auction tonight, you are getting a surprise! This was just sent to me by Bruce from Majestic Discus, who is coming down to the auction with some awesome fish!
Quoting Bruce: Well woodle/barb, here it is Sunday the 10th., the books are loaded... By the way am bringing enough that EVERYONE that shows up gets a FREE copy as a "door prize"... That's right Everyone that show's up
That means all who show up are $20/$30 ahead walking in.
I am bringing down about 8 packages of Discus a few 2-3in. a few 3-4in. and even a PAIR of Yellow/Gold Dragons.. Others will include WHITE, Red Melon, Ruby Royal Red, Snakeskin, etc., all will be premium stock.. Individually 'professionally packaged' to stay warm and be in great condition for winner, full instructions for care and Install included + some little gifts in each box... ALSO some food for these, like a dozen pack of frozen Bloodworms (cubed, 3.5oz.ea.) and some 1lb. packages of my 'Custom Blended' Premium Breeders Diet...
I am looking forward to meeting new folks and sharing experiences.. Best regards, Bruce@Majestic

So, see you all tonight, room 101 of the Casa del Prado in Balboa Park, San Diego (By the Zoo) Auction starts at 7 PM, item check in is 6 PM -7 PM , come early to look through the several hundred items up for bid :)

paul_burney
04-10-2005, 03:31 PM
Sorry Shin Shin read the rules :)

ShinShin
04-10-2005, 04:29 PM
I tried to warn the world!!! ;)

RandalB
04-10-2005, 09:23 PM
Most of us know all about him ShinShin, everyone else can feel free to IM you regarding his questionable business practices and lack of discus knowledge...

RandalB

allan_mark76
04-11-2005, 12:51 AM
Randal at least imagine meeting him in person...talk about scary.

gary1218
04-11-2005, 07:05 AM
I wonder what new names/strains he'll come up with for this week.

GARY

ShinShin
04-11-2005, 09:30 PM
Randal,

The sad truth is many beginning discus keepers have no idea about some of the charlatans in the discus world, and while I am calling no one in particular this, there are good people on this forum whom which new people ought to be steered for purposes of discus purchases. I see no reason why Simplydiscus forum ought to be a place where such people should even be mentioned. Someone more diplomatic than myself, however, would be needed to figure out how to do it. I just call a spade a spade.

Mat

RandalB
04-12-2005, 12:40 AM
I concur Mat,
It is an unfortunate that such things cannot be discussed openly in our Litigious society. I as well as others appreciate your efforts to steer the discus community in the right direction. Unfortunately, this thread skirts Simply's policies regarding people who have not met the criteria of sponsorship for various reasons. It is definately something that does need to be addressed and I am certain it will be.

Persons interested in feedback on the (Dare I say it), Breeder/Importer mentioned should do a search of the active discus forums for more information on the person in question. I am sure the posts (or lack thereof) regarding this person will tell the tale.

With that, I will be locking this thread pending Admin Review.

RandalB