PDA

View Full Version : Such a Lovely Day in NYC

Spices
04-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Yesterday in NYC the weather was sweet (up in the 70's F). I decided to walk to the (new) World Trade Center just to reflect on the days of my employment, days of fun shopping, days of touring and photographing. Just couldn't help but to walk over there and just take time out.

I hope you enjoy these pictures as I enjoyed the walk and tour. *A* :angel:

Spices
04-11-2005, 09:46 AM
Not at all the same as it was (even up to 6 months before the atrocities).

john480
04-11-2005, 04:42 PM
bring back alot of good and bad memories .i was married 4 month and i all most lost her that day.thank god i didnt.i was in the city also but on park and 70 st.

wolfbane
04-11-2005, 06:57 PM
My daughter is in NYC today with her choir. They were waving from the CBS Early Show this morning. I hope they get to go to the Memorial grounds this week.

Debbie

john480
04-11-2005, 11:01 PM
when you look at the first pic her building is on the left in the back ground

Spices
04-13-2005, 03:11 PM
Wow. I know what building you're referring to. I've worked in all three buildings of the WTC. But I've also worked in the back part too. Here's another snap I've taken. *Angie*

Spices
04-13-2005, 03:14 PM
There's a building that will never be back in good condition. Here is the building in reference ("Mildew building"). They are negotiating its existence. So far what I've heard is that it will be eventually torn down since it has too much caustic fumes from mildew and more.

*A*

Spices
04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
This image is of the Millenium Hotel that was newly built a few years before the towers came down. Luckily for this hotel, it took the beating. *A*

Spices
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Here's the Path Train Station. Feels kind of weird being that now it is on the outside. For anyone who has never been to this area, the Path Train station used to be inside and underground of the towers. Now it is leading from the outside. It is well missed. Over there will never ever be the same, no matter how much is made to restore the area. It's now in our minds (history).

Debbie, I sure hope your daughter get that special moment to see the area. The feeling is very emotional once there. She'll definitely feel it. The day was beautiful (temperature).

*A*

ed8t
04-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Thanks for the pics Angie.

I've never been to NYC but I will one day when the kids are older. My brother-in-law makes a trip every summer and loves it there.

DarkDiscus
04-13-2005, 03:52 PM
My wife and I had our honeymoon at the Essex House in NYC. Just across from central park.

The dates: 12/22/01 - 12/30/01...

Just a bit more than 3 months after 9/11.

Lots of people thought we were crazy to go but we love the city and went anyway. Even went up to the top of the Empire State Building that week.

Just thought I'd share...

John

john480
04-13-2005, 04:09 PM
200 liberty street her training room looked out on the trade center

KD
04-13-2005, 06:25 PM
Hey John,
I am from Queens, now I live in the Hudson Valley. My husband and I spent our wedding night at the Essex House too, following a wonderful horse and buggy ride in my Gown and he in his Tux.
But it was many moons ago on Spetember 11, 1982. Now that day will always be bitter sweet to us.
The day the towers were hit was our 19th anniversary. It was a beautiful day for weather and such a tragedy.
I remeber it was like 90 degrees on our wedding day- who would think? We had our reception at Shea Stadium when the Jets were still playing there, we evan have pics of us on the field.
I used to love the city as a teen, friends and I would spend weekends in NYC- we loved it!
Angie those are wonderful pictures - glad you had a good day!
Karen

Spices
04-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Sounds like many of you had quite an experience in the City. :D It is a great town to be in, especially where the actions are (like Battery City, Central Park, Times Square). I must admit I have yet to go up into the Empire State Building. Never had I been in there. :sad: I think that will be our next destination as a family outing.

Man, DarkDiscus (John), you were such a brave indian I see. :) Lots of people stopped touring during those days but you went just the opposite direction so I gather you had plenty of elbow room. :D

John, 200 Liberty Street...I definitely had ties to that building. It was another part of my employer's branch. I stayed over in 7 WTC, however. Small world afterall. ;)