PDA

View Full Version : BING SETO ?

alpine
04-12-2005, 05:09 PM
I have been trying to contact Mr Seto. I have seen his website and find his Cobalt Red fish extremely nice. I have tried email and called two or three times but no response. Is he still breeding discus ? if he is not, does anyone know who might have carried on with his breeding. I really like the Cobal Red Strain he shows in the website and would like some juveniles.

thanks,
roberto.

RyanH
04-12-2005, 05:18 PM
Hey Roberto,

I believe that Bing is again retired.

allan_mark76
04-12-2005, 06:30 PM
He ocassionally judges discus. He's also been retired for quite some time now.

alpine
04-12-2005, 06:56 PM
His Website is still running with phone numbers and email address.

roberto.

rayw
04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I've been to Bing's place about a year ago. This was when I first got back into discus. I tried e-mailing and calling his place and finally got in touch with his wife, who graciously let me into his hatchery/home. At that time he did not have much available. There were 3 tanks of discus and around 50~60 empty ones.

fishfarm
04-15-2005, 07:58 AM
He is pretty much out of discus except for Judging. Ken

alpine
04-15-2005, 08:25 AM
Ken, do you know anyone that carry on with breeding his Cobalt turquoise line ??

thanks,
roberto.

CliffsDiscus
04-15-2005, 10:41 AM
I still have some of Bing Seto's sister line, but they are off line now.
Bing contacted me during Chinese New Year and said that he is fairly busy
traveling and taking care of his grandchildren.

Cliff

ShinShin
04-16-2005, 04:54 PM
If you can get a line on Dick Au, you may be able to get some of Seto's bloolines. Seto and Dick worked together on perfecting Bing's line of discus.

alpine
04-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Thanks for the replies, Cliff, what do you mean Sister Line ? , ShinShin, thank you , I will look up Mr Au ? Does he have a Hatchery Name ? or should I look up Dick Au ?

Thanks again,
roberto.

CliffsDiscus
04-16-2005, 11:21 PM
Roberto,
My sister line means that they are related directly sister, cousin, half sister
or even half brothers to what was Bing's Discus. See my website Cliffsdiscus.com The striated and the brilliant are the related, without any
outcross. Bing mostly liked the striated and when some of his Discus became
Solid he was not interested in them and either gave it to me or sold them to me.
Also Bing would take care of my Discus when I was on vacation in exchange
he would keep some batch and I would take back some when they were near adults. This worked out very well between the both of us. We shared one female(Discus) that spawn with 3 of his males and 3 of my males.

You can PM me and I can give you Dick number, I have talked to him about
a month ago, his hatchery is in his garage. Ask him about the Colbalt, and
he will say do you mean solid or striated.

Yes, Dick Au was instrumental in development and daily functions(problems) of the hatchery he had his input if Bing wanted to listen, most of the time Dick and I would agree but Bing didn't, The original selected
team developement came from other key players as will as Dick Au, such Richard Fieller the builder
of the hatchery, owner of Fieller Hatchery and Discus Expert, Wilfred Fong, Bings partner in the 70's can product thousand of Discus blindfoldered and also Saltwater and freshwater expert,
Joe Gargas, from Chicago for water quality, Gargas Hatchery and myself.
Since Bing was out of the Discus for more than 20 years, there were many
changes, such as what is a sponge filter, what is a wet drys filter and etc. This hatchery was design mainly for a large scale production without have to import.
I give most of the credit to Lynn Seto, Bing's wife she managed the hatchery 24/7.

Cliff

alpine
04-18-2005, 04:31 PM
Cliff, thanks for all the information. I saw your website , very nice. I pm you about Mr Au phone number. You are very Lucky to have had availability to see and be part of all that Discus Experience. I like the cobalt reds I saw in Seto's website ..they really did it for me .

Thanks again ,

roberto.

CliffsDiscus
04-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Roberto,
The attach pic was shot today of an adult Red Striated/Colbalt

alpine
04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
This is what I would like to get some stock to arrive at ..

thanks ,
roberto.

CliffsDiscus
04-19-2005, 12:22 PM
Roberto,
The picture you posted was probably the best in the hatchery at that time
meaning 1 out of thousands of Discus. Bing called these Discus posted
movie stars. LOL

Cliff

alpine
04-19-2005, 05:44 PM
No Doubt....