PDA

View Full Version : Fry suddenly stoped eating

kaceyo
04-22-2005, 05:01 PM
The fry I raised artificially have stoped eating and are sitting in a group on the bottom around the end of the airline. They were very active just last night. I can see that there stomachs are still pinkish orange from the BBS and decapsulated cysts. Yesterday I could see tiny strings of poop comming from them but not today. This makes me wonder if they could be constipated. They don't move around much but seem to be moving well when they do move. Should I try Epsom salt or is there something else I should be looking for or trying.
Thanx,
Kacey
P.S. They are at 86F and being fed every couple of hours. I do a 50% or more W/C just before each feeding to remove anything on the bottom of their bowl. I just switched them from Meth.Blue water to my regular aged water a couple of days ago. They are 11 days old.

Carol_Roberts
04-22-2005, 09:54 PM
I've never hand raised fry. You may want to try both the epsom salt and the meth blue. These guys are so small they can't go long without eating.

kaceyo
04-22-2005, 10:19 PM
Thanks anyways Carol,
I put some Epsom salt in their water 2.5 hrs ago and now their skittering around as usual again. Still no sign of anything passing though. I guess I'll try feeding them less at a time if they pull through completely. Their bellies do look pretty full.
Kacey