PDA

View Full Version : MY PLANTED TANK

KIWI13
05-02-2005, 09:25 AM
So here is a simple run down of where i'm at.....

The first photo dates back a couple of months when the tank was nice and empty and then the second was about a week later and then the last 2 are about 3 weeks old and if your askin wheres the palce for any more fish ??? then I can tell you that there is alot of space seeing as how i'm down to only three angels.

what happend you asked ???
Well after a bit of confusion ( with the wife but i'm not sayin who was right and who was wrong LMAO) a fish was added to the tank that wasnt quarantined long enough. it was a common ancistrus.The next thing you know i'm treating the tank for velvet, somethin i have avoided in 10 years like the plague and then just like the plague it managed to irradicate 7 out of 10 angels.

Ok so I am not suggesting i'm gonna introduce discus into this environmet but all the remaining survivors are gettin moved into another BB tank and then this tank will cycle for a month or so to get the bio filter up and running. And then who knows............... DISCUS maybe ??

Any suggestions and critics are more than welcome.

KIWI13
05-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Heres the first stage

KIWI13
05-02-2005, 09:27 AM
Heres the second

KIWI13
05-02-2005, 09:27 AM
and the last

Spices
05-02-2005, 09:52 AM
Looking lovely! Sure like those Swords. Keep up the good work. Now purchase more discus for those tanks of yours. ;)
Angie

KIWI13
05-03-2005, 02:59 AM
Hey Angie,

Thanks alot, Yes I really want to get back into discus and you know what ?? I just might. i saw some nice fish the other day and they are a lil expensive but i think i'll get em. So I reckon in a couple of weeks time, i'll have some pics to post

Spices
05-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Coooool!!! I'm gonna try to similate my tank to yours and a few others on this forum. A lot of tanks posted inspires me a lot. :D You can get discus for a reasonable amount from some breeders on this board. I recommend you look around in their portfolio. :thumbsup:

Angie

Condor
05-03-2005, 06:35 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

KIWI13
05-04-2005, 02:13 AM
Angie, I would love to buy discus from people on here, BUT I live in Europe and the shipment is expensive and risky; plus they need to go into quarantine and all. So unless there are soem french breeders on here or english then why not. Hey Angie let me say that the pics of your tank are sublime. Your fish look awesome. I love your angels and there are some nice discus in there
You know what ? it aint that hard gettin a planted tank up and running. If you ever need some tips, holler out and I'l be more than happy to help you.

Spices
05-05-2005, 12:18 AM
Thanks for the compliments.There's so much information on the forum that I was able to read and retain some fraction of the different topics. I will certainly inquire. It may be twice or three times but I certainly am good at inquiring. Hey, here's my latest photo, by the way. :D

KIWI13
05-05-2005, 03:07 AM
I love your tank Angie, It might not be a planted tank but it has its own charm. I love your angels. Wow!!!!!

Spices
05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I love your tank Angie, It might not be a planted tank but it has its own charm. I love your angels. Wow!!!!!

Thanks! :)

I don't know if artificial plants can look as good as this. :D My guys love plants. I have no problem if I go away for a long vacation and leave only plants in the tank. They'll stuff themselves and fight over the remains. LOL

But no, these are the real McCoy--no artificial plants. ;) Angie

Spices
05-05-2005, 06:37 PM
By the way, I turned off my air pump. Apparently there is enough oxygen in the tank with two filters running. I was worried they wouldn't have enough oxygen but apparently they do. However I know from looking at the adults they seem to be less energetic. Any advice is appreciated.

*Angie*

Here's another close up of the substrate and roots of some cabomba plants.
Again the real McCoy...Not artificial. :D