PDA

View Full Version : floating discus

franvell
05-02-2005, 12:33 PM
one of my little discus is swimming and he is also like floatin withuput knowing where he is going i put it in a separete 10 gallon tank and use epson salt 4 spoon at 10 o'clock last nite
and i see no improvement i also add some 4 tee spon of salt hios color is red and is alive what can a i do?
help me please

Carol_Roberts
05-02-2005, 03:08 PM
You have two posts with sick discus with different symptoms. ARe these new discus? This one sounds bloated, but the epsom salt should have worked by now. If it is a newly arrived fish was there a big change in water temperture?

franvell
05-03-2005, 12:21 AM
this is a discus that i had in my 55 gallon tank and i move it to a separate tank and I use the epson salt as you told me and I also did a water change 25% and I am usin the E.M. tablets as directed he locks a little beter now he is controling better the way he swim and the color are ok he is not dark he is sometime in a 45degrees angel some times I add today 2 tables spoon of epson salt again
I did not feed him for the las 24 hours he is controling
thank you for your help

Carol_Roberts
05-03-2005, 03:37 PM
Continue with the epsom salt and the antibiotic for a few more days. If this is more than simple constipation many times they don't get better . . . .

franvell
05-05-2005, 11:15 AM
I have continue the E.M. tablets and the epson salt and he loocks better he is locking for food .I only give him frozen brine shrimp and the next day some flakes He is controling more the way he is swimming I think he is comming out of it His colors are good I think he is doing a 50% better than he use to be Thank you for your help

Carol_Roberts
05-05-2005, 06:05 PM
You're welcome - hope he makes it :)