PDA

View Full Version : i really need some advise before the night ends

jimmyhat
05-03-2005, 11:04 PM
Okay for since day of this set up 1 ran a normal setup 6.8ph then over the last 3 weeks have been adding wood 2 little sticks of amazon wood and it has changed the water to a 6.0 for sure...

Last week just got 2 new pieces of new driftwood from petshop and dunked it for 24 hours added next day.. Well today the ph is color orange 5.0 or 5.5 never been in this area of ph before..

I got 5 plecs/ 11 african dwarf frogs/ 2 discus/ 1 clown loach/ 8 xtra large neons/ and everything seems to be fine. tested for nitrites and im good.. Been doing water changes daily and its coming out of the tap at 6.8ph...

What should i do?

Im worried its going to go lower and i want to know the ramifications of this!!!

I haev posted this in the waterworks but need some advise really fast.. Im kinda choked cuz my tank looks hot with the new root in it but it seems to be killing my ph to go low low low....

What do i do/

GulfCoastDiscus
05-04-2005, 12:53 AM
Hi Jimmy,
I think if you do your daily waterchange, it will eventually deplete the wood's ability to lower the Ph and will stablized it back to your tap water Ph.

Carol_Roberts
05-04-2005, 03:23 PM
If you are from Vancouver, BC you may need to do daily water changes and/or add minerals to your tank.

jimmyhat
05-04-2005, 09:26 PM
im from vancouver and i got a master kit today did my first tests of gh and kh (runs and hides). Tested all of the following and also got some kh boost today to stabilze. Im sitting back at 6.8ph right now but the funny thing is the master kit has low and high end ph the other i have been using is wide range?

It shows diff colors on the widerange from what im used to.. But still it the water was out of wack with the (kh readings).
Kh boost got me back slowly... And the widerange kit shows me again that yellow the low end greeny blue and the Kh reads right for softwater...

Blahhhhhhh stress... The wood leached large 2 pieces created together to make a funky looking root that was very big in a deep tank... Both still in bucket of hot hot water and still brwon tincture in the bucket... Im just impatient with wanting the nice rooted tank and paid heavey for it...

If you don't have a master test kit you should.. :D

jimmyhat
05-04-2005, 09:27 PM
If you are from Vancouver, BC you may need to do daily water changes and/or add minerals to your tank.

what kind of minerals you thinking of?

Carol_Roberts
05-04-2005, 10:08 PM
Dottie know (Korbidoc) It's epsom salt, gypsum and something else. I don't know the formula - I have hard water.