PDA

View Full Version : Chicagoland Discus Experiences?

jdellman
05-05-2005, 10:32 PM
Anyone have experience dealing with Butch at Chicagoland Discus? I like the idea of seeing the fish in person, but have not heard much/anything about them. Please pm with any input.

Thanks,

Jim

CARY_GLdiscus
05-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Jim,
Just go and see butch but maksure you call first! Rumor has it that butch is the hot spot in the windy city!

hth
Cary

JasonBR
05-06-2005, 02:08 AM
Jim, make the four hour drive to the man that just posted below you...Cary Strong www.greatlakesdiscus.com

Jason

RandalB
05-06-2005, 09:43 AM
I've seen some nice clean fish at Butch's place, But Cary is right, Make sure you get in contact with him first, He can be very difficult to contact at times.

You can also try:

Jim Dvorak (mrsportys@comcast.net) Carol Stream Area
Jack Jarrett (wsoxman@comcast.net) Lockport Area
Chris Zukowski (zukowski@qualiseal.com) AKA Paletka here *(Simplydiscus.com Sponsor) NW 'burbs Carpenter'sville area (I think)

Lots of nice fish in the Chicago Area, make sure you tell 'em I sent you...

Also, The guys mentioned here are all good breeders but ALWAYS make sure you QT all fish....

HTH,
RandalB

PS: Are you the guy that got fish from Majestic recently? If so, We'd love to see some pics....

RandalB
05-06-2005, 09:44 AM
Going to see my bro Cary is always the Best Option IMO... It goes w/o saying...

RandalB

jdellman
05-06-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks for the input everyone.
Cary- where are you located anyway?
Randall- thanks for the options. I actually bought a few from mrsportys, and I have to say I was very impressed with his fish. (Okay, I admit I have not seen any others and have nothing to compare it to besides mine). :)
Cary and Randall- You guys aren't actually borthers, are you?

Thanks again!

ricmod
05-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Both Butch and Chris are good to deal with. Have gotton fish from both and never lost any. Call and make appointment. Really nice clean fish. Pick them out yourself, only pick up. Got very very good price from butch.
Rich

RandalB
05-11-2005, 10:27 AM
Nope, not brothers, just bro's... LOL

April
05-11-2005, 10:45 AM
brothers from another mother as cary says..and im his "mom" lol.
i agree..go see cary.. an experience of a lifetime..you will come away seeing and learning lots..and seeing little fry all over the place..etc. he should charge admission. : ) hes in michigan. madison heights. give him a call. check out his website. www.greatlakesdiscus.com

Wahter
05-11-2005, 10:20 PM
Cary's in a northern suburb of Detroit. He's good at sculpting ice too! :D Definitely worth a visit and you get to meet Jack too. :D

Discus Plus
05-12-2005, 08:51 AM
Butch is the man, you can't go wrong with him.

Derrick