PDA

View Full Version : Discus only eating BH and tubifex

craniac24
05-09-2005, 11:54 AM
Hi everyone.

I recently treated my tank with Metro after seeing 2 of my guys with the white stringy poop. Those two also had stopped eating completely.

A month later, one of them is eating normally. He doesn't turn down anything. However, I have a beautiful PB that is only eating BH and freeze-dried tubifex. BW and shrimp (frozen or live) he wont touch. He looks quite happy, and comes to the front of the tank just like everyone else during feeding time...so in all other respects his behavior appears very normal.

So, I'm encouraged that he's at least eating well and has an appetite, but I'm concerned about his overall long-term health if he's only eating those 2 things.

Thoughts are appreciated.

Joe

brewmaster15
05-10-2005, 09:08 AM
HI Joe,
If the Beef heart is a good Prep it should not be a problem, Is it something you make? The tubiflex :thumbsdow , I don't trust it. If you want to break the fish of the diet problem, you may need to separate it and wean it off its current diet.

-al

jimmyhat
05-14-2005, 02:23 AM
Just fed tubifex worms that were freeze dried today they loved them but what a mess...... Wow took many w/cs to clean it up.. IN fact left that tank in a cloudy haze for the night for sure... Not sure if i want to feed that product again