PDA

View Full Version : acting weird

Eddie
05-14-2005, 10:10 AM
I've recently acquired 4 very nice Wadimis and they were all really hardy. They would all come up at feedings and swim around my hands during water changes. This was for about 2 weeks. Well about three days ago, one of them seemed to be scared to death whenever I entered the room or got close to the tank. If I sit down and watch awhile he will be calm again and act normal. He even bullies all the rest of the fish. I don't know why he started to get so scared of me. Another thing that gets me, is that he is being really picky with his food now. Before, he would chow down on everything but he spits it all out unless it's beefheart. Do think these are some early signs of a disease. I've cranked up the temp and I've been adding salt. It seems to calm him down a bit. Thanks

Eddie

Barb Newell
05-14-2005, 01:43 PM
Hi, is your water good? ammonia/ nitrites/ nitrates. How much water are you changing daily, tank size etc....

He may have borderline hex from the stress, I'd leave him a day or two, keep an eye on him. If he stops eating, or you see white stringy poop then treat.

Barb

Eddie
05-16-2005, 01:37 AM
Hi there Barb,
I have a 29 gal bare bottom. Zero ammonia/nitrite/nitrate. I've been watching him and he is coming around. He is eating very well now. I just puit the heat up and added some salt. I don't know what was wrong with him before. Maybe it was that time of the month. Thanks Barb.

Eddie