PDA

View Full Version : OK to use plastic nursery tray for background?

tpl*co
05-20-2005, 03:31 PM
I have some plastic nursery trays (the ones with plastic open latice work on the bottom for drainage) that I'd think would look really cool if I use it as a background by tieing anubias to it so that the anubias would make a solid wall. (I even have a tray that held individual pots that I could fashion to a back drop. The only thing I'm worried about though is the plastic safe to put into my tank? Any other ideas of things I could use to tie anubias to and make a living backdrop (this will also free up some swimming space, I'll do this with most of my anubias except the favorite breeding lancifolia :))

Tony_S
05-20-2005, 06:04 PM
The plant trays should be fine....but if your unsure try using Eggcrate instead. That should work also...and it IS fishsafe. Just another idea.

Tony

tpl*co
05-20-2005, 08:53 PM
hmmm, egg crate, great idea! Where can I find some? Do grocery stores have some?

Doug A
05-20-2005, 08:59 PM
You can get eggcrate at Lowes, Home Depot or most hardware stores.

Doug

tpl*co
05-20-2005, 09:32 PM
LOL, did a search and realized that "egg crates" are plastic for diffusing lights not something to hold "eggs". Silly me . Honest mistake, if I got my plant carriers from a plant nursery, why not an egg crate from the grocery store? OK, my stupid moment for the day :)