PDA

View Full Version : Tragedy has striked again!!

PaintballFan07
05-20-2005, 04:01 PM
Hello everyone. I havent been very active on the forums lately because I have been very busy. I have barely been able to do my w/c's for my discus. But heres the story:

This morning I woke up and went to the kitchen to find my All- Glass 125g tank leaking. The glass on the back side of the tank cracked from top to bottom!! I had to immediately transfer all fish to my 10g tank and drain some water so the rest of the tank would not end up on our floor. This tank was purchased around october of last year. This tank isnt even 1 year old and it cracked already! Does anyone know if All-Glass will send me a new tank or not? I Know they have a 1 year warrantee.

jeep
05-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Try contacting the store you bought it from if you still have the receipt...

sidra
05-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I recently bought an AGA for a hospital tank. I prefer others but it was all I could get my hands on fast. Anyway, I was able to locate my warranty and this is what it says:

Limited 1 Year Warranty:

This aquarium is under warranty by All-Glass Aquarium, Inc against leaks or cracks due to defects in material or workmanship for 1 year from the date of purchase. If this aquarium is found to be defective, the dealer you purchased it from is authorized to exchange it for a new one provided it has not been modified, damaged or misused. Proof of date of purchase must be provided.

Hope this helps.

Kristen

PaintballFan07
05-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Thanks for replying Jeep and Sidra. I have contacted the store i bought it from and they are trying to get me another tank by next thursday. Sidra, Thanks for letting me know about the warrantee.

April
05-22-2005, 11:58 AM
thats great. glad they can help you. keep an eye on them..in that small tank. worst comes to worst..put them in a big rubbermaid till then. 10 gallons is very tiny.

Mr. Limpet
05-22-2005, 03:42 PM
Make sure to double check the stand for flatness. Even a slight warpage can put a huge strain on a tank. You also might try a piece of styrofoam under the tank to take up any imperfections.
Good Luck, Paul.

Anonapersona
05-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Before you simply set up new tank, you need to find out why it leaked. If they stand you used is inadequate, or if the floor is bowed or dipped and that twist is transferred to the tank, then any new tank will leak as well.

Check the stand with a spirt level to see that it is level in all directions, and check to see the stand is well supported in all directions. If it rocks when it is not full of water, then your floor is the problem.

Big tanks are very heavy and the length means that stress is that much worse.

PaintballFan07
05-22-2005, 10:17 PM
Thank you all for the great tips. I used the stand that all glass makes for their aquariums and the tanks sits on a solid concrete, but i will check with a level to make sure.

PaintballFan07
05-23-2005, 08:15 PM
Today I recieved a call from Perfecto about my tank. Hopefully I will recieve a new tank by the end of this week.