PDA

View Full Version : Things went from bad to worse!

MoOcHiE525
05-21-2005, 10:43 PM
Dear Members,
Things have gone from bad to worse in my Bare Bottom Discus grow out tank. After a period of neglect (Ten day's of no water changes or Tank Cleanings- Im really disgusted to say) One of my three Juvanille Red Tourquoise caught fin rot as well as severe cloudy eye, which led to another one of my fish catching hole in the head. This began three weeks ago. I started to treat the tank with Mela-Fix which started to heal the fish with hole in the head, but did nothing for the other. After weeks of treatment in the main tank the one healthy fish began showing great sighns of stress, and could not stay in the medicated tank. This morning I sadly awoke to a discus totally black with one eye! So to make a long story short I did a seventy percent water change in the main tank, and put the badly diseased fish in a hospital tank (Rather a hospital trash can-I cleaned it out and put in a bubbler and fresh water. Its about two gallons in size). The two fish in the main tank immediatly started to pick their colors up again, and are now looking really good. I dont expect the one eyed fish to live, but sadly whats done is done. The weird part about the situation is that the fish who had lost the eye laid eggs with the fish who had hole in the head, and when I took the one eyed fish out of the main tank I put him in the hospital pail right next to the tank. The pail is clear and the second the fish in the main tank saw the sick one they swam up to the glass and started to swim frantically towards it. Ist the bond that Discus share with eachother amazing? What a headache. I'll keep everyone posted, and thanks for the concern.
Michael H.