PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Halfmoon Bettas, Male/Female (I dunno where else to post :P)

Brian_
06-06-2005, 07:23 PM
In Toronto area preferably?
Name the colour and if it is male/female and price, or send me a pm if you prefer.

Thanks in advance.

Northwestcoastdisc
06-06-2005, 11:24 PM
Well,

i know www.bcbetta.com he has lot of top quailty betta. he can ship to Toronto.

hth

Duncan

animagusbc
06-12-2005, 02:08 AM
Please contact my friend Tim Arndt at www.timsalphabettas.com. He has some really awesome Bettas and will ship or even deliver depending on where you are located. If you are willing to pay for shipping, I also have some nice Halfmoons and Crowntails. You can check out my webpage at http://members.shaw.ca/aguadebeber/. Good luck in your search.

Jonathan
Westcoast Bettas and Killifish
http://members.shaw.ca/aguadebeber/

New to Discus and loving it.

rangelk
06-21-2005, 10:40 PM
go to betta talk website, she is a breeder in Los angeles, has lots for sale
Ivonne

John_Nicholson
06-22-2005, 08:13 AM
Also remember that 95% of the fish that are sold/listed as half moons really are not. A true half moon is not just a 180 degree tail. The outer rays have to me modified so that they make the edge hard and straight. The rays must be the same length as the rest of the tail. I did not get a count at out international show here in Dallas but at the last internataional show in Houston there were only 3 real half moons. If you listen the breeders that sent in fish they would have said that there were many, many more then that.

Here is a pic of some 2 month old bettas that my 11 year old raised. She is trying to take over my fishroom with them and plans on showing in the IBC next year.

brewmaster15
06-22-2005, 10:35 AM
She is trying to take over my fishroom with them and plans on showing in the IBC next year.

Now how can you say no to that John! :) Its probably your fault shes into fish :) ..seriously Thats great , I hope my kids stick with the interest too. At 2 and 4 and I have some time before I lose the fish room entirely.

-al

John_Nicholson
06-22-2005, 01:25 PM
Thanks Al. My wife thought I was crazy when I started paying $70+ dollars for bettas but I explained it to her this way. The child is 11. IN the next few years she will discover boys and forget about me. The time leading up to that is invaluable to me. No matter what I spend I am making a profit. Besides this kid can spawn anything and does 100% wc everynight so I figured she deserved it. All of my kids have tanks but the 18 year old does not do much with it and I doubt she will ever be serious about it. The 4 year amazes me with the knowledge that she already has so maybe I got a chance there. I would guess that at least one of yours turns into a fishhead to.

Good luck.

-john