PDA

View Full Version : vancouver water changes BEWARE

jimmyhat
06-11-2005, 12:43 AM
I just lost 2 fish tonight due to something in the water

I lost a pleco last 4 days also i do 50% waterchanges daily and lately obviously somethings doing the fish in 1 by 1...

I have the golden pleco in epsom salts right now seeing if it will help hes on his last legs the red turq is tripping in the tank
%$#^ man im gonna lose all my fish i can see it now

April
06-11-2005, 01:03 AM
hmmm.. sorry to hear..my little bds were a bit skittish also after a wc yesterday. maybe buy some prime. or stop the wcs for a day or so. . ive had times like that at the place downtown. are they flushing lines by your house or tying in any new lines?
Glenn..are you playing with pipes and water near 4th avenue? lol.

jimmyhat
06-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Weird thing is the pleco had a epsom salt bath and is all better he was pretty much dead ?????? The red turq has stopped the crazy bolts into things at MACH10.. And the rest of the fish are normal?

Hey april are you selling snow whites?

Glenn
06-11-2005, 07:34 AM
wrong side of the river for me this week

jimmyhat
06-11-2005, 01:51 PM
this morning everythings fine? What a odd night for the fish but i lost a pleco!

April
06-12-2005, 02:42 PM
not sure ..jay..those snow whites Glenn bred and raised. they are very nice fish. maybe i should hold onto them for now. they are in with my angels bds. maybe ill get some angel x white pairs. white fishies with blue fins ? some show blue in their fins now..and some show yellow in their fins. they are about as round as one could get . Glenn grows nice babies... you should go see his little hatchery one day. : )
my turquoises and reflections are gonna get going i hope..got my alencer in there..shes real good at catching boys. : )

Northwestcoastdisc
06-13-2005, 11:25 AM
I am sorry to hear

April, Gleen and Jay I hope they doing ok.

My fish are doing fine and no problems. The Yellow pigeon blood female is shake a lot and clean the spawn site. I don't know the yellow pigeon male is looking after her. I hope he is interested in the spawn.

please post up, how they are doing so far?

Duncan

jimmyhat
06-13-2005, 09:40 PM
all my fish are doing the shake and lay right now after the evening food binge and water change.. A 7 foot tank still isn't big enuf :mad:

jimmyhat
06-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Well last night water changed large again and i have to say i have some strong fish thank gawd... The water must be going down because something is in the water definately.. All the fish reacted to the water change but no deaths and 30 mins later they were fine again? *** is this all about what do i do now? I need to waterchange and i got a large barrel for the 24 hour prep thinking about how the water will degrade over the summer with the city pumping more crap into it..

Im aloss? What do i do???? Anyone got some suggestions?

I would be really pist to say the least if i lost my breeding pairs..

RyanH
06-15-2005, 12:09 PM
What exactly do think it wrong with your water? Are you measuring your parameters out of the tap and after aging? What are you using for a conditioner?

I guess I'm confused.

Audrey
06-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Can you call and talk to someone at your water company?

Glenn
06-15-2005, 07:25 PM
Unless they are doing work on the water lines in your area they aren't adding anything different to the water all my test come out good

April
06-15-2005, 10:38 PM
check your ph..before and after. i did a 90 percent change on two tanks today..all good.

jimmyhat
06-17-2005, 01:44 AM
i think they got all freeked on something i did.. I did a 90% today after work and it all went smooth with one pump pumping prepped water from the bathtub LOL and one pumping water from the tank to the toilet took 14 mins and water changed out and in safely... I have been doing the buckets again and it takes to long i think after the 16th bucket you just get to that point of (wtfc)---> who the $*@& cares and just roast the water in.... Plus i have been spending more quality time in front of the tank becoming one with them again....

Seems to work...

PLUS I skimped on water changes the last week been working too hard that could have been a major part of it...

Glenn
06-17-2005, 07:38 AM
You could be getting soap in your water from the bathtub

Anonapersona
06-17-2005, 04:44 PM
Test your KH, if the water is a lot softer than before they would notice it. Going to harder is OK, going to softer is more difficult, the osmotic pressure change is noticible.