PDA

View Full Version : Attracting discus to Tetra Bits

Don_Lee
06-12-2005, 12:52 AM
I am submitting this question for a member having problems with their computer......

How does one go about attracting discus to Tetra Bits? This person has discus that are used to eating bloodworms, and will not touch the Tetra Bits that he is trying to get them to eat. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Don:D

Barb Newell
06-12-2005, 02:03 AM
Don't feed them for a day, soak the tetra bits in a bit of thawed bloodworms, then feed -- first feeding of the day.

Barb

Kagan
06-12-2005, 07:31 AM
Also, add some bits into the beefheart or similar homemade food mix. They will get used to it.

Kagan

April
06-12-2005, 02:43 PM
or..go buy some ocean nutrition formula one flakes. they love them..and do well on them.

Northwestcoastdisc
06-13-2005, 11:29 AM
I use tetra bits mixture with beefheart. I put tetra bit soak let them food become soft to feed them.

Duncan

Cosmo
06-13-2005, 03:24 PM
They also love Ocean Nutrition Brine Shrimp+ , mine have grown to prefer them over Hikari blookworms .. after they started eating those, they started eating the tetrabits too.. wouldn't touch them before :confused:

Jim

BombCat
06-14-2005, 07:37 AM
What I do is use one of those feeding cones, add some color bits / tetra bits in first. Make sure it is set in the cones and get soft. Then add some blood worms or black worms. So when they eat the worms they will get some color bits / tetra bits. Eventually, they will get use to eating color bits / tetra bits. And they will eat the bits themselves.

HTH

Spices
06-14-2005, 08:23 AM
That's a good idea... Using the cone and combine different foods in it.

My guys too are not big fans of Tetra Bits.

I gather it's a good thing. :confused:
*A*