PDA

View Full Version : Discus are H---!!!!!!!!?????????????

ricmod
06-13-2005, 11:16 PM
??? :-\ :'( >:(
I thought when I retired my stress would be gone. Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First: I have four 75 gal tanks set on a wet dry filter and water change system.
Water is from a well and from the tap it is:
PH 7.4
KH 7
GH 5
TDS 112ppm

Ok, One of the 75 gal tanks the fish (8 4-5") stopped eating and cowered in corner, color still good and fish alert and skittish.
After two days I started to get worried and took this tank out of line and started treating with PraizPro, Four days and know improvment. 50% water change each day. No Improvment! Changed 100% water and went to Metro 250 mg per 10 gal. temp. 86, second day started to see white/clear poop. No other improvment! 50% w/c after first day. added Metro second and third day know w/c and added 45 tbls salt, Powerhead for added air injection raised temp to 90 for have started nibbleing at frozen brine shrip still see white/clear poop now and then, but are pushing each other around now and them and started to move a little.
I think things are improving! Shoud I do a water change 50 or 100% and re-add meds and salt?????? Can I expect my other tanks to come down with this problem??? Any other suggestions ????

Second I have four young pairs (?) two sets in 29 gal. 1 set in 125 gal Community and one set in 75 gal with two other BD Like i said young guessing 12 months size range from 4 to 6.5". I cannot get a wiggler one. Usually 30% w/c everyday or 50% every other day. Have know trouble with Angle's know prob. with nitrite, nitrate, or ammonia. Know RO Unit, but with 112 ppm TDS I should get something, shounldn't I??????? Any help or suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Rich

April
06-14-2005, 09:50 AM
metro you are meant to do a 50 percent wc daily and add back the full dosage for that size tank. most people use alot more metro than suggested on the container. you can dose up to 500 whatevers..instead of 200. crank the heat up to 88 or 90 if you can..that might get them eating.
as far as the eggs hatching..might be your males are a bit young..or maybe your water is too hard. not sure..my water is barely 1 gh and 1 kh. more like 0.

Carol_Roberts
06-14-2005, 03:29 PM
12 months is pretty young for males - especially blue diamonds.

Read Help My Discus Is Sick at www.discusnada.org for how to dose metro

aggie_67
06-14-2005, 09:33 PM
Salt, high temperatures, and CBW's solve a lot of problems!!!