PDA

View Full Version : Pepper

1MACK1
06-20-2005, 05:58 AM
Hi. Today I finally recieved my discus. On pigeons there is a pepper like black small spots. Will it dissapear?

THX. :(

brewmaster15
06-20-2005, 06:05 AM
Hi,
It really depends on the fish you got. What kind did you get and how peppered are they? Can you post some pics?

Basically if the fish is Pigeon blood based and has pepper it can be reduced if the fish is in a tank with a light background. If the The background is dark, more pepper shows. In a planted tank such as yours I think There may be some peppering because of the shadows, greens etc.

hth,
al

1MACK1
06-20-2005, 07:50 AM
Photos realy soon. Yes the problem is with red pigeon blood. The background doesn't exist - it's a white-yellow wall.

KIWI13
06-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Well I tried this out, I put in one PB in a planted tank with a black background and another in a BB tank with white background and the PB in the darker background tank developed alot more peppering than the one in the white background. The differences were seen in a month and I will try and post some pics of the experiment.

Carol_Roberts
06-20-2005, 03:34 PM
Most all pigeon based discus have some peppering. While peppering is more pronounced with dark backgrounds the amount on th fish is genetic. Stress also makes it more noticible.

1MACK1
06-21-2005, 06:35 AM
I have two red pigeon bloods adn only one of them has papper.
Thank You for opinions. I post some photos on my tank topic.