PDA

View Full Version : Thanks April Ross

Northwestcoastdisc
06-26-2005, 01:02 AM
I would like update. Last time I bought 3 young adults discus from April 2 golden and Leopard x Turk. Many thanks April for give me good luck with my 3 discus. Thanks Jeff Young for the nicest Leopard x Turk. Thanks Wayne Ng via Danny.

The two golden comes from Wayne NG's Discus... The Leopard x Turk comes from Jeff.

The Golden pair up for 4 or 5 weeks since I bought them from April.

Now the female golden flirt my male San march. The San March comes from Herb via Cary Strong.

Now they are a proven breed pair! They Laid eggs and wriggle in 100 gallon tank. The fry are disappear which other discus ate them.

I pulled the pair in the breeding tank. I want to the pair to take care of the fry with 2nd or 3 rd batches.

I know the offspring’s might have peppering because of the Golden is the pigeon blood gene. The San Merch is no pigeon blood gene. I will break up the pair. The golden female will mate with my male Yellow pigeon blood. The male will find other female for him.

Duncan

April
06-27-2005, 05:27 PM
glad to hear Duncan. those pigeons i got from Danny..out of 8.. i sold two to duncan..he got eggs, two to jimmyhat, he got a pair, 2 to kodiak..he got them going..and two to doug..whos our customs clearing agent..and he has babies he says..hes also on our forum. maybe later i can get some nice ones back from someone. : )

Northwestcoastdisc
06-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi April,

That is awesome!

Yes I will give you some nice babies discus when you will have time to get them back :)

My goal I want to make more nice SOLID YELLOW pigeon bloods, the female from you via Danny with my male Yellow pigoen blood comes from Roy via Cary Strong.

I can not wait I will have nice babies SOLID YELLOWS

thank you again

Duncan

kodiak
06-28-2005, 02:17 PM
April, I'd be more than happy to give you a bunch of babies :) I'll have lots in the fall, right now I'm travelling so no time for breeding. Looks like the leopard I got from you is a male, he is currently flirting and cleaning with a red turq female in my 300 gallon display tank.

kaceyo
06-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Hi guys,
If those "yellows" you're talking about are the Yellow Crystals Danny had a little less than a year ago then I also got 4 of them and out of the four I have one pair thats produced two batches of fry I have now and another pair that spawns weekly in a community tank. Isn't it pretty unusual that a particular strain will breed so readily? It seems that literaly everyone who bought them has spawning and/or producing pairs. Maybe I should try to hook up one of the male yellows with one of my two female S.Erupts and see what happens?

April
06-28-2005, 07:44 PM
yes those were very nice fish Danny had. and very fertile from a young age. and very nice shaped fish also.

kodiak
06-28-2005, 10:20 PM
In my experience pigeon based strains mature quicker and breed more readily than non-pigeons. Anyone else notice this?

Glenn
06-29-2005, 06:35 PM
Yes I have noticed that they do some can breed at 8 months.

rookie
07-03-2005, 10:42 AM
can someone who got yellows from April post pictures

jerome