PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Tetratest PH kit?

Tiptoptank
07-09-2005, 10:15 AM
I lost the instuction to the test and was wondering how many drops I put in. I checked tetras web page and they had no intructions. All I remember is that you use 5 ml of water.

mike J
07-14-2005, 04:19 PM
It does not matter with a PH test how many drops you use, using more drops just gives you a darker test result it does not change the color. most kits use 3-5 drops per 5ml water sample. I would try 3 drops and if the color is not dark enough add another drop.

Doug A
07-14-2005, 11:29 PM
Use 7 drops. I have used Tetra kits for a long time and every test kit they make you use 7 drops (amonina is 14#1 - 7#2 - 7#3)

HTH
Doug

Sindhu
07-15-2005, 10:17 PM
According to Tetra's instructions, it's 7 drops and the bottle is small and doesn't go a long way if you have many tanks. Have to agree with Mike about using less drops and the other option is to reduce the water level and use less drops. Am using AP and 3 drops are required but I fill the test tube only 1/3 and use 1 drop.

Sindhu
07-15-2005, 10:18 PM
According to Tetra's instructions, it's 7 drops and the bottle is small and doesn't go a long way if you have many tanks. Have to agree with Mike about using less drops and the other option is to reduce the water level and use less drops. Am using AP and 3 drops are required but I fill the test tube only 1/3 and use 1 drop. I find the AP is a bit more accurate.