PDA

View Full Version : laying eggs with 9 days of frys

Chinaman
07-09-2005, 11:49 AM
this is the first time i got wrigglers but on day 9 the female lay eggs again. is been 24 hours since the eggs are layed and hopefully the parent won't eat the frys.

has anyone let their pair raise diffrent batch on frys like this?

JimmyL
07-09-2005, 08:23 PM
Some pair will raise 2 broods of fries together but don't take that chance. It's better take the older fries away. They will kill the younger brood or at least damage the fins. They can tell the difference. 9 days old are old enough to be on their own on BBS.
Jimmy.

Carol_Roberts
07-09-2005, 09:08 PM
Yes, you need to remove eggs or remove fries. Parents will eat fry. You can rinse new eggs down drain, leave one parent with fry and one parent with eggs or remove fry and feed bbs 5 or 6 times per day.

Kenny's Discus
07-11-2005, 04:08 AM
I have a question regarding the removing of the frys:

1, if I want to separate the frys from the parents after like 10 days, should I remove the frys? Or the parents?

2, if I should remove the frys, how should the procedure be done? The reason I ask is that I found it extremely difficult to take out frys when they are that close to the parents' back.

Thanks everyone in advance.

Carol_Roberts
07-11-2005, 03:48 PM
remove the fry if you want the parents to breed again quickly. Remove one of the parents if you don't care about a new batch of babies.

Lower water level so parents are laying on their sides to remove babies with net. REfill with pH stable water that is same temp.