PDA

View Full Version : Best match up for Female pigeon blood?

inkfam
07-10-2005, 10:13 AM
I have a female pigeon blood that is in a tank by herself and she keeps laying eggs. I want to buy her a male but I dont know what I should put her with? Should I just buy a male PB or should I put her in with another type so I can try to reduce the peppering? Any advise will be helpful.

Willie
07-10-2005, 11:13 AM
That's a pretty decent looking fish. Definitely match her up with another pigeon blood type, e.g. melon or Marlboro red. Pick something without patterns on the body and minimal peppering for best results. Avoid turqs, snakeskins, etc.

Willie

April
07-10-2005, 09:05 PM
shes a very pretty fish. great shape. when and if you do get fry...light background to avoid them getting pepper..and as little stress as possible. some asians have used lights on 24/7 to reduce peppering..or bars.just look for a nice clean pigeon.
dont forget to quarantine diligently for about 6 weeks..then add a test fish if you could in with him..to be very sure hes not a carrier..then..if all goes well..put them togeather.

inkfam
07-10-2005, 09:43 PM
Thanks for all of your help. I always thought males were larger than females.Not in this case! I walked in on him laying eggs. It goes to show you that some females can outgrow the males.
I was thinking about putting her with a red melon. Do you think I should put her with a PB? I just want the best looking fry that I can get.

Discusgeo2
07-10-2005, 10:12 PM
I may have a male that you can use. They don't seem to be doing me any good right now.

diskboy
07-10-2005, 10:20 PM
what type geo?

Northwestcoastdisc
07-10-2005, 10:36 PM
She is very beauitful pigeon blood, She has great shape and color.

I agree with Willie.

I have a male Yellow pigeon blood would be better match for your female but I won't sell him. I do really like my male, I am sorry. you can find a nice male pigeon blood is Gold melon or Yellow pigeon or Golden pigeon blood or Melon red or marlboro red or White butterfly are better chance mate with your female.

HTH

Duncan

Northwestcoastdisc
07-10-2005, 10:37 PM
The photo bottom its a yellow pigeon blood male. Above its a Golden female. she have not laid eggs yet but she is always flirt on him a lot.

Duncan

tpl*co
07-10-2005, 11:52 PM
LOL, that's what happened with my Goliath. I got this discus as a baby, grew faster and bigger than everybody and lo and behold laid eggs, LOL.