PDA

View Full Version : Back from Vacation

Audrey
07-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Well we are back from our vacation and all went well. My water change volunteers did a very good job and all my discus look very healthy!

Only thing is when I returned on Friday, the bottom of my 125 (bare bottom) tank, had this light brown slime coat on it. Not sure what caused that, I've never had that happen before. I didn't ask my w/c volunteers to wipe the bottom of the tank down, I didn't want to make them do anymore than what was necessary, I was just thankful they were doing a w/c at all.

But I have it under control now. Maybe a little too much sunlight was coming in through the window blinds. I was only feeding them 2x a day, flake from the auto feeder.

Glad to be home!
Audrey

Carol_Roberts
07-11-2005, 03:28 PM
That's pretty common - just do a big water change and wipe everything down :)

Audrey
07-11-2005, 03:55 PM
I have done 3 50% water changes on it since I got home on Friday, and wiped down the inside pretty well. It looks so much better already. What do you think could have caused it?

Carol_Roberts
07-11-2005, 04:29 PM
Just diatoms - extra food in water and fewer water changes . . . filters may need to be rinsed.

Robin764
07-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Wow, Carol, I made a previous mention of the folks I missed most here at Simply, and I didn't include you. Very easy to forget that encyclopedia at the end of your shelf when you are trying to tell folks what books you have.
It's the tried and true, always there when you need it book, easily overlooked, but the most worn book on the shelf. We need to dub you....
Simply Discus Encyclopedia!! You are awesome, and always one of the first to respond to those in need. Keep up the good work, and I can honestly say, I would not still be in this addiction...err hobby without you!!

Robin

Audrey
07-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Thanks, Carol. I did rinse all my sponge filters out some on Saturday, they were looking pretty scuzzy w/the dark brown build up on them. They look better now and the tank is really looking clean/clear again.

Thanks!
Audrey