PDA

View Full Version : Carol's leaving for the ACA

Carol_Roberts
07-20-2005, 06:39 PM
. . . I won't be on the forum until sometime next week - back by the 27th for sure :)

Barb Newell
07-20-2005, 06:47 PM
Have a great time Carol!

Barb

nanik
07-20-2005, 08:17 PM
. . . I won't be on the forum until sometime next week - back by the 27th for sure :)

Don't forget to post lots and lots and lots of pictures Carol ...have a great and fun trip :)

Discus_KC
07-20-2005, 08:34 PM
See you tommorrow Carol !!

Jack

April
07-21-2005, 12:48 AM
Hope you all have a great time at ACA. we want reports. : ) for us guys..who cant go.

Spices
07-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Hope you have a great time there Carol, Jack and others. I almost got to go but derailed due to Emily; I heard she was heading out there but since I was driving I didn't want to deal with the headaches. Hope you all have a safe and fun time. Post pixies if you can.

*A*

KIWI13
07-21-2005, 09:38 AM
I would have loved to go, BUT its a long way to go .. :( :( :( :( :(

Have fun Carol and I hope you come home with alot of new fishies :D :D

Then you'd have to post pics.

Jas :p

Carol_Roberts
07-25-2005, 03:59 PM
I'm back. I'll post pictures when I have time. ACA was wonderful! 300 fish in the show of which 100 were discus. I would guess 1000 discus for sale between Jeff Young, Mike Heppner, Hans, Joe and Ken Davis. Free fish magazines, A huge room with vendors like Marineland, Hagen, tetra, et.al. All kinds of fish books for sale (including Discus the naked truth by Andrew Soh).

Everyone worked really hard to make NADA a success this year! We had two tables of door prizes to give away after Dick Au's talk on judging discus. Jack Watley spoke on several topics including discus nutrition.

John Nicholson, Kathy Miller, D'Wyatt Green and Dottie Miller provided cars to take about 20 of us on tours of fish room in the area. John's wife had us all over for fingerfoods and a home made cake.

Jack Taylor and Willie Goh won NADA members pick for Best Discus in Show (trophy provided by Mike Heppner). Hans won the ACA Best Discus in show and first in solid, striated and open classes. Ken Davis won first in Wild class.

NADA gained several new members. . . . It was so much fun to visit my old friends from the forums and meet lots of new friends like Annonapersona and Roberto Munoz.

Next year it will be in Chicago - Around July 20th. Mark your calendars now!

I have lots of pictures and will post them as soon as I have time

Greg Richardson
07-25-2005, 04:32 PM
When is it coming to the Northwest you know?

Carol_Roberts
07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
No time soon - probably Florida the year after Chicago

Northwestcoastdisc
07-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Great to hear! we want to see photos!

I hope I would be there if I have time.

I hope everyone have a blast time at ACA.

Duncan