PDA

View Full Version : THE ANGELS ARE SHIVERING

Spices
07-23-2005, 11:40 PM
I haven't seen this in a while, but one Koi Angel and I think the Blonde Golden Angel is a hit!!! :D We're excited!!! I'll let yall know and get photos when it all comes to play.

:D:D:D:D:D:D: :balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

Barb Newell
07-24-2005, 12:49 AM
GOOD LUCK Angie!

Barb :)

blaze
07-24-2005, 07:58 AM
congrats.....

u need some of my angels, lays every week :o

Spices
07-24-2005, 03:49 PM
I was told that angel fish are hard to spawn. If this pulls off, I'll be estatic as well as my daughter, they're hers!! I'm only holding on to her angels until she has space to keep her own 20-gallon tank.

So far nothing yet, but the swimming along side and the twitching continues. Also happening is the PB (girl) with a wild brown juvie who she is forcing him to sit at a corner and watch. hee..hee..hee...eeee :D I swear to ya. She is a boss for sure. She wants him no where else but at the corner near me. I gather she has intentions on laying her eggs there?!?!? LOL

*A*

chirohorn
07-24-2005, 06:39 PM
I was told that angel fish are hard to spawn.

You were told wrong. All you need is a male, female & water.

blaze
07-24-2005, 07:26 PM
You were told wrong. All you need is a male, female & water.
and good food always helps... like i said lay every week or two (as long as i don't let them hatch), and that just two pairs in a 30 gal, on one amazon sword plant, one set takes have the leaves, the other pair takes the other leaves. If only discus were this easy.

warning they tend to get overprotective, the might take nip at ur hand during WC :angel:

Wahter
07-24-2005, 08:27 PM
So far nothing yet, but the swimming along side and the twitching continues. Also happening is the PB (girl) with a wild brown juvie who she is forcing him to sit at a corner and watch. hee..hee..hee...eeee :D I swear to ya. She is a boss for sure. She wants him no where else but at the corner near me. I gather she has intentions on laying her eggs there?!?!? LOL

*A*

IF the angels spawn, your discus are going to get the crap beaten out of them by the angels. JMO - Angels can be very protective of their eggs and fry.

Barb Newell
07-24-2005, 11:46 PM
Hi Angie :wave: , I agree with Walter, if your angels spawn watch out!!!

They fly at the other fish so fast and hit so hard.

If your angels start cleaning things, picking obsessively, and you see their tubes, it might be an idea to move them out to their own tank. It lessens their stress, and they don't do well with parenthood and stress.

Barb

Wahter
07-25-2005, 12:30 AM
I was told that angel fish are hard to spawn. If this pulls off, I'll be estatic as well as my daughter, they're hers!! I'm only holding on to her angels until she has space to keep her own 20-gallon tank.
*A*

Who told you that? The same person who sold you the "wild colbalt" discus? :D :D :D

Actually the altum angelfish, Pterophyllum altum, IS a tough fish to breed in captivity, but most of the domesticated color morphed angelfish are Pterophyllum scalare, which generally aren't too hard to breed.

Here's a website with lots of info on angelfish. www.Finarama.com (http://www.finarama.com/tba/identification.htm)

Hope this helps.

Walter

Spices
07-25-2005, 07:48 AM
Hey, you people are great! You hit it on tack, Barb & Walter!! The pair do chase away the discus (only three I have now) from one area of the tank. No one dares swims there only but the koi and blondie. Oh, shoots! :sad: And Chirohorn and Blaze...food must be a gourmet prep..I think this is what did it for them. I recently changed their foods to "Blackworms". They get this twice a day. :) Happy buzzards, I gather. :)

I haven't yet did the water change. I'll try either today or tomorrow. And I'll watch the fingers very well.

Thanks!!

Hey, Walter, I'm hoping to make a wild looking pink discus one day. Hope you're around to see it, like I was around to see a wild cobalt. LOL :D:D

**A**

blaze
07-25-2005, 10:46 AM
And I'll watch the fingers very well.

**A**

doesn't hurt, just surprizing fast and aggressive, kinnda funny when it happens. that what good parents do :D

limige
07-28-2005, 11:00 AM
my silver angel pair i got from cary and friends will actually attack my hand if i get near a spawn, they are nuts!! extremely aggrisive pair to people much less fish!!!

albino angels are more difficult as well. my angels are doing great! already working on the F2's

mike

Northwestcoastdisc
07-28-2005, 11:03 AM
hi Angie,

yes yes I agree with Walter and Barb :)

I hope anglefish will give you largest spawn ever you see them.

It would be fun for you.

good luck

Duncan

Spices
07-29-2005, 12:21 AM
:shock: Wow. Thanks Mike! I believe ya. When I do water change they are the first to come up to the python and take a nipp or two at my hands or the barrel. :)

Hiya Duncan, thanks...I hope it will produce a load..this will be a first for me and the kids. We're up in arms about who will control and have what. LOL All of a sudden I become "grandma" that will care for the babies (I hear). :D:D:D And this "grandma" will be seeking you "grandpa" out there to share the joy. ;)

It's a matter of time before it all falls on my head. We're psyched about it.

** Angie :sun: La FrangiPani & Pansies **