PDA

View Full Version : Trouble restarting Aqua Clear 50

Russ
07-25-2005, 12:59 AM
Hi,
I have an Aqua Clear 50 on one of my tanks, and every time I do a WC it dosen't start back up, I have to twist the motor and bang it around it little to get it stated again. I don't have this problem with my AC 500 which starts back up every time. Does anyone else have this problem with their smaller Aqua Clears, or is it just mine.

Barb Newell
07-25-2005, 01:05 AM
Hi Russ, try removing the motor, take the propeller out, clean the motor out with a Q-Tip, replace propeller and turn a couple of times, rinse -- there is sometimes some slimy gunk there.

Barb

tpl*co
07-25-2005, 10:47 AM
I have trouble getting my smaller ones going too, do like barb says and first check for gunk. If it still doesn't start (I've still have had problems). I often "pump" the intake tube by raising it up and down or even by starting the impeller by sticking my finger in and giving it a jump start. (luckily it's plastic and I have nails, LOL).

Moon
07-25-2005, 11:15 AM
The impeller sometimes need a kick start. I use the tip of a pencil to turn the impeller with the power on. When it starts turning attach the siphon tube.

aqua
07-25-2005, 12:39 PM
I agree with Moon. That's exactly how I do it everytime the propeller doesn't turn with my AquaClear.