PDA

View Full Version : medication dosages

john2gs
08-06-2005, 09:55 PM
I have a stupid question....hopefully someone can enlighten me.

If I am treating with either Metro or Prazi...........I need to do about 50% water change daily right?

my tank is 125 gallon. So I need to use a dosage that is good for 125 gallon for the first day.

on the second day, I will do a 50% water change. Whats the dosage for metro or prazi.....will the dosage be for a 60 gallon? or dosage still for 125 gallon?

or will the 92 degree temp....will make the medications lose their effectivity in a short period of time.......so i really need to use a dosage for 125 gallon after 24 hours?

thanks!

Carol_Roberts
08-06-2005, 10:33 PM
With metro it is the full dose each day or even every 8 hours. Metro loses it's effectivness over several hours. I believe Prazi is full dose every 3rd or 4th day (when new cysts hatch). Go to www.discusnada.org and click on "Help My Discus Is Sick" for more information

john2gs
08-06-2005, 10:38 PM
With metro it is the full dose each day or even every 8 hours. Metro loses it's effectivness over several hours. I believe Prazi is full dose every 3rd or 4th day (when new cysts hatch). Go to www.discusnada.org and click on "Help My Discus Is Sick" for more information

thanks Carol :)